• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrowind on PARHELIA! (pics inside!)

Enjoy!

Rags

Settings?? Both game and Parhelia...

But rather than that sweeeett...

Can you quote an fps tomorrow at those settings?? (I bet you can't wait ).
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMan
      Settings?? Both game and Parhelia...

But rather than that sweeeett...

Can you quote an fps tomorrow at those settings?? (I bet you can't wait ).
      I won't be able to quote fps, but everything was slid to max in the game, FAA on, Aniso off, trilinear on.

Rags

Comment

Those artifacts on the trees are FAA related, aren't they? If so, do you think it's a driver issue, game issue which can be patched, general FAA issue, or a non-issue?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
          Those artifacts on the trees are FAA related, aren't they? If so, do you think it's a driver issue, game issue which can be patched, general FAA issue, or a non-issue?

AZ
          Has nothing to do with FAA that I can tell, especially since my GF4 shows the same thing in screenshots...
          Rags

Comment

Only in screenshots, not while actually playing the game? Looks awful, but the rest is really really sweet

These are those details that keep me from really being immersed into a game.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It's gotta be a setting or something in the game....? I've seen a GF3, GF2, and an 8500 run this game, and none of them get that.
              System Specs:
              Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

wow that looks really good!

how smoothly is it running???
                Dell Inspiron 8200
                Pentium4m 1.6
                640mb pc2100
                64mb gf440go
                15" uxga ultrasharp
                40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Nice. I don't suppose someone can post some shots of
                  NWN (Neverwinter Nights)?
                  RC Agent
                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                  AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMan
                    It's gotta be a setting or something in the game....? I've seen a GF3, GF2, and an 8500 run this game, and none of them get that.
                    hmmm, my 8500 gets similar 'artifacts' in Morrowind... it has a lot of problems dealing with the fog... but oh well...
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Now that's really odd. I know for sure I don't get that with the other cards. The shadows issue was perspective, but this, well I dunno?? I don't think it's a problem with Parhelia though, I'm just wondering why it would do that with you guys...
                      System Specs:

Comment

How to display FPS

In the Morrowind INI file there are a settings called Show FPS which defaults to 0, set it to one and stroll around a bit in Balmora and tell me what FPS(min/max) you get.

On my box I get around 9-15 fps, which is unplayable...
                        I have to stare at the ground to be able to navigate the town.

My specs are:
                        P4 2.0 GHz
                        GF3 Ti500 64MB
                        512MB
                        WinXP

I do really hope the Parhelia will make it playable.
                        <font size="-4">User error:
                        Replace user and try again.
                        System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
                        System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
                        </font>

Comment

IS this 640x480?

Comment

Originally posted by Afronaut
                            IS this 640x480?
                            Absolutely not, the shots were taken in 1024x768, the shots were simply resized.

Comment

is it playable at that setting?
                              This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X