PDA

View Full Version : Wanna bet online review sites will start bashing each other!



Greebe
24th June 2002, 18:09
As subject states. We all know that there are well known sites which will do anything to promote their Fav product. This is mostly based on $$, those who hyper hype the current highest bidder to the wallet will keep getting more and more and more. But those who do honest, ethically minded reviews will most likely strike back at them.

IMHO this will be the first time in online review history this will truely come to the forefront and each will pit themselves against those who write obnoxious slanderous and might I add grossly inaccurate reviews.

Kyle [H]OCP started it off by acting like a spoiled brat who's mommy said no. Wanna bet that we won't even need to assst in this new online review bloodbath that's about to hit the fan? ;)

GT98
24th June 2002, 18:13
You do have a point here...after seeing the chip.de bench marks I'm feeling a bit better now :)

Jediphx
24th June 2002, 18:14
Yeah I agree. phew i smelled nvidiab@tch when i went to Toms site

Kosh Naranek
24th June 2002, 18:18
Originally posted by Greebe
As subject states. We all know that there are well known sites which will do anything to promote their Fav product. This is mostly based on $$, those who hyper hype the current highest bidder to the wallet will keep getting more and more and more. But those who do honest, ethically minded reviews will most likely strike back at them.

IMHO this will be the first time in online review history this will truely come to the forefront and each will pit themselves against those who write obnoxious slanderous and might I add grossly inaccurate reviews.

Kyle [H]OCP started it off by acting like a spoiled brat who's mommy said no. Wanna bet that we won't even need to assst in this new online review bloodbath that's about to hit the fan? ;)

So what you are saying is ... everyone with the same opinion as your is the right opinion ?

When reviews show Parhelia underperform in games with no AA then that review suck ?

When reviews show Parhelia in front with AA enabled then those reviews rule ?

Hmm ... excuse me, but thats sounds exactly like the ppl you are trying to put down.

isochar
24th June 2002, 18:23
What he's saying by inaccurate reviews is the reviewer not giving an entire picture. Tom's Hardware had selective benchmarks and barely showed the spectrum that the Parhelia excels in. I'm sure ATI fans would be complaining if all the benchmarks against nVidia cards were all done in 16 bit.

Greebe
24th June 2002, 18:24
Kosh, you should know by now with everything I state I feel personally responcible for being as technically accurate as possible. I am shitty with anyone who states anything that is either lacking in either technical completeness or purposely decieving others. I judge myself the same. Yes I am not perfect and do make mistakes, but at least I am man enough to admit when I do.

You've been around here long enough to know what I said above is true as the day is light and the night in dark. You're bad to even think such things :(

Jediphx
24th June 2002, 18:30
Well as it has been mentioned before and what tom and others whould have stressedin bold letters. The Parhelia is running on very beta drivers whereas GF4 and 8500 are running on mature optimized drivers. for petes sake ver heard of comparing apples to apples etc?

Rags
24th June 2002, 18:33
Originally posted by Jediphx
Well as it has been mentioned before and what tom and others whould have stressedin bold letters. The Parhelia is running on very beta drivers whereas GF4 and 8500 are running on mature optimized drivers. for petes sake ver heard of comparing apples to apples etc?
That's not a cop out for the low benchmarks. The drivers were the best available to the reviewers at the time, and if they aren't optimized, well, that's where the cards fall.

Having said that, I am sure the benchmarks will continue to be run through the next year, and the picture will turn out quite differently.

Rags

maharajah
24th June 2002, 18:34
Maybe there'll be a brouhaha like the AMD one that happened between AMDZone and AMDMB.
That "person" at AMDZone was calling the guy at AMDMB all sorts of names, and publicly attacking him via articles on the front page. All because AMDMB was able to OC the XP2200+ higher than AMDZone :rolleyes:
I don't think that will happen with the Pahelia. M fans are too civilized to get into FPS envy discussions.
We'll attack Matrox when they fall short, but we'll infrequently belittle the ignorant.

maharajah
24th June 2002, 18:36
Hmmm... maybe I spoke too soon:D

Kosh Naranek
24th June 2002, 18:36
Originally posted by Greebe
Kosh, you should know by now with everything I state I feel personally responcible for being as technically accurate as possible. I am shitty with anyone who states anything that is either lacking in either technical completeness or purposely decieving others. I judge myself the same. Yes I am not perfect and do make mistakes, but at least I am man enough to admit when I do.

You've been around here long enough to know what I said above is true as the day is light and the night in dark. You're bad to even think such things :(

I'm sorry, but I just had enough of this *blip* (nVIDIA) and THG bashing.

Rags
24th June 2002, 18:37
Originally posted by Kosh Naranek


I'm sorry, but I just had enough of this *blip* (nVIDIA) and THG bashing.
Sorry, but I don't see a lot of nvidia bashing, and we aren't bashing THG. Criticism is not bashing. Learn the difference. Knowledge is power.

Rags

az
24th June 2002, 18:47
Greebe, what's so special about that teac floppy? :)

AZ

Kosh Naranek
24th June 2002, 18:51
Not in this thread, no.

Some selected quotes ... :

And if I'll feel I want to be an nvdiot, I'll simply buy some marmalade and use it on the monitor.


Vaseline does a better job


Obviously they didn't make it.
If they had made it, it would have sucked nuts.
(you saying what P would have been like if *blip* had made it)

It looks like bashing to me.

Greebe
24th June 2002, 18:52
http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33767

Rags
24th June 2002, 18:53
Originally posted by Kosh Naranek
Not in this thread, no.

Some selected quotes ... :

And if I'll feel I want to be an nvdiot, I'll simply buy some marmalade and use it on the monitor.


Vaseline does a better job


Obviously they didn't make it.
If they had made it, it would have sucked nuts.
(you saying what P would have been like if *blip* had made it)

It looks like bashing to me.
Kosh, each one of those posts were done in jest, not bashing.

Mine in particular was poking fun at your own frantic postings and sudden attack of matroxsuxs syndrome.

Rags

Greebe
24th June 2002, 18:54
Kosh you sir were taking it out on me and I didn't state that. BTW I could give a shit less, if it's critism or blatent bashing. If the truth hurts so be it.

Kosh Naranek
24th June 2002, 19:12
Originally posted by Greebe
If the truth hurts so be it.

If you by that means that I'm a fierce nVIDIA fan then you are mistaken.

Personally I don't care what brand is on a card. When in the market for a video card I look at all the different cards, their prices+performance and base my decision on that.

Greebe
24th June 2002, 19:14
WTF is up your arse tonight Kosh?! That was a statement toward what is being said against THG and [H]OCP only. Me thinks it's past your bedtime. Good night and sleep well. I'm sure you'll be in better spirits in the mornin.

Kosh Naranek
24th June 2002, 19:19
:confused: