Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna bet online review sites will start bashing each other!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna bet online review sites will start bashing each other!

As subject states. We all know that there are well known sites which will do anything to promote their Fav product. This is mostly based on $$, those who hyper hype the current highest bidder to the wallet will keep getting more and more and more. But those who do honest, ethically minded reviews will most likely strike back at them.

IMHO this will be the first time in online review history this will truely come to the forefront and each will pit themselves against those who write obnoxious slanderous and might I add grossly inaccurate reviews.

Kyle [H]OCP started it off by acting like a spoiled brat who's mommy said no. Wanna bet that we won't even need to assst in this new online review bloodbath that's about to hit the fan?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

You do have a point here...after seeing the chip.de bench marks I'm feeling a bit better now
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yeah I agree. phew i smelled nvidiab@tch when i went to Toms site
      AMD Athlon 1800 XP@ 1680GHZ (only the best) on a Epox 8K7A, 512 megs PC2100DDR, Matrox Parhelia 128 AGP,Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, DSL BABY, 1250 Down/220 UP XP 2600 Pro

Comment

Re: Wanna bet online review sites will start bashing each other!

Originally posted by Greebe
        As subject states. We all know that there are well known sites which will do anything to promote their Fav product. This is mostly based on $$, those who hyper hype the current highest bidder to the wallet will keep getting more and more and more. But those who do honest, ethically minded reviews will most likely strike back at them.

IMHO this will be the first time in online review history this will truely come to the forefront and each will pit themselves against those who write obnoxious slanderous and might I add grossly inaccurate reviews.

Kyle [H]OCP started it off by acting like a spoiled brat who's mommy said no. Wanna bet that we won't even need to assst in this new online review bloodbath that's about to hit the fan?
        So what you are saying is ... everyone with the same opinion as your is the right opinion ?

When reviews show Parhelia underperform in games with no AA then that review suck ?

When reviews show Parhelia in front with AA enabled then those reviews rule ?

Hmm ... excuse me, but thats sounds exactly like the ppl you are trying to put down.
        Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
        incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

What he's saying by inaccurate reviews is the reviewer not giving an entire picture. Tom's Hardware had selective benchmarks and barely showed the spectrum that the Parhelia excels in. I'm sure ATI fans would be complaining if all the benchmarks against nVidia cards were all done in 16 bit.

Comment

Kosh, you should know by now with everything I state I feel personally responcible for being as technically accurate as possible. I am shitty with anyone who states anything that is either lacking in either technical completeness or purposely decieving others. I judge myself the same. Yes I am not perfect and do make mistakes, but at least I am man enough to admit when I do.

You've been around here long enough to know what I said above is true as the day is light and the night in dark. You're bad to even think such things
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well as it has been mentioned before and what tom and others whould have stressedin bold letters. The Parhelia is running on very beta drivers whereas GF4 and 8500 are running on mature optimized drivers. for petes sake ver heard of comparing apples to apples etc?
              AMD Athlon 1800 XP@ 1680GHZ (only the best) on a Epox 8K7A, 512 megs PC2100DDR, Matrox Parhelia 128 AGP,Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, DSL BABY, 1250 Down/220 UP XP 2600 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jediphx
                Well as it has been mentioned before and what tom and others whould have stressedin bold letters. The Parhelia is running on very beta drivers whereas GF4 and 8500 are running on mature optimized drivers. for petes sake ver heard of comparing apples to apples etc?
                That's not a cop out for the low benchmarks. The drivers were the best available to the reviewers at the time, and if they aren't optimized, well, that's where the cards fall.

Having said that, I am sure the benchmarks will continue to be run through the next year, and the picture will turn out quite differently.

Rags

Comment

Maybe there'll be a brouhaha like the AMD one that happened between AMDZone and AMDMB.
                  That "person" at AMDZone was calling the guy at AMDMB all sorts of names, and publicly attacking him via articles on the front page. All because AMDMB was able to OC the XP2200+ higher than AMDZone
                  I don't think that will happen with the Pahelia. M fans are too civilized to get into FPS envy discussions.
                  We'll attack Matrox when they fall short, but we'll infrequently belittle the ignorant.

Comment

Hmmm... maybe I spoke too soon

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                      Kosh, you should know by now with everything I state I feel personally responcible for being as technically accurate as possible. I am shitty with anyone who states anything that is either lacking in either technical completeness or purposely decieving others. I judge myself the same. Yes I am not perfect and do make mistakes, but at least I am man enough to admit when I do.

You've been around here long enough to know what I said above is true as the day is light and the night in dark. You're bad to even think such things
                      I'm sorry, but I just had enough of this *blip* (nVIDIA) and THG bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek

I'm sorry, but I just had enough of this *blip* (nVIDIA) and THG bashing.
                        Sorry, but I don't see a lot of nvidia bashing, and we aren't bashing THG. Criticism is not bashing. Learn the difference. Knowledge is power.

Rags

Comment

Greebe, what's so special about that teac floppy?

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Not in this thread, no.

Some selected quotes ... :

And if I'll feel I want to be an nvdiot, I'll simply buy some marmalade and use it on the monitor.

Vaseline does a better job

Obviously they didn't make it.
                            If they had made it, it would have sucked nuts.
                            (you saying what P would have been like if *blip* had made it)

It looks like bashing to me.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X