best sites for reviews ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best sites for reviews ?

ok some peeps are saying that THG are biased etc.... blah blah blah............

just wondering aprtfrom Anand

what other sites (which are in english) are worth paying a visit to ?

Snake
    Snake

Dual AMD MP 1800+
    Asus A7M266-D
    512MB ECC registered MEM
    2 * 40GB IBM HDD
    RAID 0 using Promise ultra 100
    Audigy Platinum
    2 * 19" iiyama monitors
    Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4600 128mb
    (Parhelia )

www.beyond3d.com usually gives good unbiased indepth reviews.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Our goal is to help you find the best when looking for tech. From PC components to drones, we've got you covered.

and like TDB said beyond3d is very good as well

Comment

Ace's.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

http://www.aceshardware.com definitely is the least biased site listed so far.
          http://www.xbitlabs.com is very opinionated, and thus a good read, however they are not always "right" in their opinions.
          http://www.tech-report.com also has some nice reviews. Always good for some Mac bashing

Comment

Isn't tech-report just an english lay-off of xbit?

AZ

Comment

Extremetech seemed to handle the preview and Dan Wood's interview in an even-handed manner.

ExtremeTech is the Web's top destination for news and analysis of emerging science and technology trends, and important software, hardware, and gadgets.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                Extremetech seemed to handle the preview and Dan Wood's interview in an even-handed manner.

ExtremeTech is the Web's top destination for news and analysis of emerging science and technology trends, and important software, hardware, and gadgets.

Dr. Mordrid
                My nod to extremetech also, they had one of the better previews. But since they are a ZiffDavis site, just pretend you're reading PCMag when you're reading articles on their site. All the same caveats apply.

Comment

Comment

Maharajah, can you elaborate for those of us who don't read ZD mags? (I stopped long ago when I discovered c't, which is easily THE best PC mag in germany)

Also, I did like the Extremetech Interview, but has anyone read their "how to make a PC quiet" article? It was baaad (IMHO)

AZ

Comment

www.dansdata.com is a personal favorite, i like the guy's style.
                      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

az - most articles and "reviews" on ZD mags are influenced by the major advertisers of those magazine. While this may be true of any magazine, ZDmags have a strong history of "playing nice" with advertisers.
                        Yea, I am also building a quiet PC, so I myself also recognized the lameness of that article. HTPCs are becoming all the rage; a strong enthusiast market is developing for quiet PCs. I guess Extremetech's just wanted to get on the bandwagon.

Comment

HT? High Temperature?

AZ

Comment

Home Theater az. My HTPC is in the adjoining room. Has many drawbacks but I don't hear a thing in the TV room.
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

A great source for excellent hardware reviews and other interesting articles is Thresh's Firing squad at:

Regards,
                              Daven

Comment

Working...
                              X