Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watercooling kits?

Hi all,

Apart from the Koolance cases, can you easily get hold of a complete water cooling kit? I don't really want to change my case, but I want to experiement with some water cooling without having to source and make all the parts myself.

So, any ideas, remember I'm in the UK?

Innovatek makes kits that are quite hearty and fairly easy to install, though they are a little pricey.

<a href="http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020102/index.html">Here is a review from Tom's Hardware</a>.

I'm sure a few minutes with google will reveal a place in the UK to buy one from. You might want to check out <a href="http://www.over-clock.co.uk/">Over-clock UK</a>, I believe they sell them, though I have no experience with them.

Note: I have no relations with any of these companies, other than the fact that a friend has one of the kits.

Hope this helps.

brian

Comment

Dangerden, list of distributors.

Highly reccommended.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I've been looking for an inexpensive water block for a few days now (I have the rest of the kit already). It is surprisingly difficult to find a uk supplier - I've only found the two links already given above.

T.
        FT.

Comment

Tony, where did you get the rest of the kit from?

Comment

Steve

Rad = a Sierra cockpit heater, £25 from a motor factors. It's rather large (~12" x 6" x 1") but I plan on having most things outside my case anyway.

Pump = 200 gph submersible pond pump from my local aquarium shop for £25.

Various connectors & Cu pipe from my local pneumatic hose shop for just a few quid as the chap was 'up for the challenge' and I promised him a mention when I put a page together showing the result .

My original idea was to try to thread thin Cu pipe between the fins of a h/s (I know this isn't efficient, no flames please), with no pipe joints at all inside the case, so the whole thing is relatively cheap and safe. I found that I couldn't get sufficient flow down my original 1/8" Cu pipe (no surprise there) with a £17 100gph pump, so I swapped for the bigger pump - same problem. So then I got some 3/16" pipe which would fit the h/s by removing every 2nd row of fins. I can now get ~200ml/min but I don't think that will be enough, especially when you compare it to the several litres/min that many people use. The back pressure also makes the pump very noisy.

I think I can make life a lot easier (but sacrifice my original goals ) by just buying a water block and doing it the more conventional way.

T.
            FT.

Comment

I looked into doing this a few months back, but it got to be too expensive at the time. I dig up my URLs...

For a pump, you could try either your local aquarium shop, or you can buy direct from Eheim.
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I see that the overclockingstore has also increased their range of watercooling products. Just make sure you avoid www.overclockers.co.uk
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                X