Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder about Parhelia...

Will I be able to have:

Display 1: An analog monitor, showing the left side or just the original.
    Display 2: An analog flat panel, Showing the right side or a clone.
    Display 3: A TV, showing DVDMax and Zoom.

In other words,
    Display 1 and 2 will work as ordinary DH (Clone, Independent or Stretch mode)
    And Display 3 will just show the DVDMax, Zoom.....

Will that work?
    Specs:

Intel D850GB
    256 RDRAM
    Intel Pentium 4 1700 Mhz
    IBM DeskStar 75GXP, 76GB
    IBM DeskStar 180GXP, 120GB
    Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Platinum
    Parhelia 512 128MB Retail

No.
    TV-out only works with 2 displays, with the TV as the second.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I believe I read in another post on MURC (longtime reader, just registered) that you have to reboot if you want to switch the dongle's around(from the DVI-to-DB15 Y-cable to the TV-OUT cable).

What if you used one of those switch boxes that can connect two ports to one monitor (and with the right connectors two monitors to one port), but only one can be used at a time (hence the switch).

Would this just not be allowed by the drivers, as maybe a distinction betweeen monitor and TV is made at initialization or might this work but with limited fucntion?

Edit: Also, what happens if you change the dongle's without rebooting???

Comment

I was able to swap between TV and monitor by changing connections and simply rescanning the HW through device manager in W2K for at least one driver release (but not the current one). Of course I have no idea how well this will work on the P.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
        X