Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New UT2003 pics (warning- lots of big pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UT2003 pics (warning- lots of big pics)

I got hold of the new UT2003 and it is SWEEEET!

Here are some screenshots.

The water is shimmering off of the walls in this one and it is tuely awesome, THe pic does it no justice.

Taking aim with the sniper rifle:

Several of the maps are the same layout as the ones in UT. This is the shock rifle room in one of the maps that is familliar, but I don't remember the name . We play it a lot. You will recognize it.

An all new map that is breathtaking. All of the suroundings are on fire and it is quite convincing. You can almost feel the heat!

This was just a cool room. Looks like nuclear stuff going through those pipes and the fog comming out of the vents looks really cool.

Shock rifle still works

What a mess!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

WOW! Looks great! But where's FAA?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

someone sure liked Diablo 2's act 4 there

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Nuts they still have that D shock Rifle!

Oboy
        Time to make the wafers!
        Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
        jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Yeah, nuts!
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

hey.. how come i havent gotten ahold of the new Ut
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Damn this looks sweet...! *drooling*

Too bad my computer doesn't eve touch the minimum spec for it (I opted for a HT setup instead of a new computer).

Comment

I the parhelia now just to render that!!! Oh man, stomach hurting from looking at pic's to long and wanting Parhelia and UT2003 now
                Fenrir(AVA)
                "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
                The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
                Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

BTW, does the UT2003 support AC3 sound ?

Comment

Originally posted by Oboy
                    Nuts they still have that D shock Rifle!

Oboy
                    YeeeHaaaw !!!
                    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Here's an update by Mark Rein from a couple days ago....

Network performance is improved from the original UT. Bandwidth usage has been decreased which should help particularly for people playing over modems. We've also focused on optimizing server CPU utilization. AI and gamecode is undergoing a lot of tweaking and improvement. In this area the last 10% is the difference between a good game and a great game and, I said in a previous update, UT2003 is going to be a great game.
                      Link is here.
                      My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

some one with a parhelia needs to get it and run some benchies lol

Comment

They will. It wouldn't matter if they DID have this leak right now (other than for their own smug sense of self-satisfaction ), since their NDA keeps them from posting to us with results.

FWIW- running this on a GF4 Ti4600 with an o/c Athlon XP 2100+ (1845MHz), 1024x768x32, ALL options the game gives me maxed, it's smooth as can be, and I get the feeling I could crank it to 1600x1200 without much problem (though I haven't really tried, as I was more interested in looking around at the differences/improvements in this game). I may try it with different levels of AA later today, just to see what it does to this poor little GF card (reading some of the posts from the Defenders of [M] lately makes it sound weak, anyway, lol.).

Anyway, there should be an official demo that they can report on for performance comparisons out at just about the same time that the NDAs covering stuff like framerate numbers and things drops (25th?).
                          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                          Gainward Ti4600
                          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Here is a pic of the skin I am using at the moment. This is an actual screenshot at the end of a game I won. I was in a dark corner looking down so I had to position the camera angle to catch this pic.

Looks kinda cool, no?

EDIT: I just made this my wallpaper and it looks really good. LOL
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pneumatic; 23 June 2002, 20:07.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Oh Gawd, there's a laser sight on that Shock Rifle

Paul
                              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                              X