South Korea through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Korea through

They played decent, but with some help from the referee.
    Spain deserved more.

There could be something wrong with the first disallowed goal. But the second one was absolutely valid.

South Korea - Germany surprising half-final

Will we have a final South Korea - Brazil?
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

The assistant referees in this world cup have been bad. They certainly need to read up on the offside law. Referees haven't been too bad although theres been one or two mistakes. Today and Belgium goal.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Re: South Korea through

Originally posted by KeiFront
      ...with some help from the referee.
      SOME HELP?

If Korea MUST win they should have said that, so they could have won without even play! All this is ridicolous!

I'm very disappointen in this world cup!
      NocturnDragon

Comment

South Korea has been a joke for a long time, I mean c'mon the only reason we were even over there was to contain supposed "communist aggression", and...

OH. You're all talking about Soccer again. *sigh*

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I totally agree with nocturn dragon. The referees in this world cup are definitely the worst I ever saw in a bigger turnament.
          And I belive it's even worse, I think those referees are not bad, but they're doing this deliberately (i.e. they're bribed).
          Otherwise you can't explain that the SouthKoreans were massively supported by the referees in their last three matches (starting with Portugal, then Italy, now Spain). What a f*cking joke!

(I also think that there are finacial reasons behind this "support" for Korea: The arenas are not very well visited anyways because of a lack of interest by the native people, and if no home team was there anymore it would be even much worse - resulting in a financial desaster for the FIFA)
          Last edited by Indiana; 22 June 2002, 04:41.
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

nocturn_dragon no need to shout at me

In the 4 games that Italy played they had 4 or 5 goals disallowed , a few of those were valid, the replays on TV have shown that.
            The one in the Korean match included, this would have given Italy the victory without having to play overtime.

There are a large number of questionable dicisions made against Italy this cup and other teams have suffered the same lot.

I wonder what Sepp Blatter has to say to all this?
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

South Korea played well, but Spain are so unlucky. Shocking desicions went against them, and the the Korean goalkeeper was so far off his line when he saved the penalty

Comment

Yes Spain have had a good goal disallowed for nothing and seeing the penalty again the last one should have been re-taken.
                When players are running up for the spot kick perhaps they should stop and point out to the blind lineman and ref that the goalkeeper is about two foot off his line.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

i think this will be Sepp Blatter's last world cup
                  NocturnDragon

Comment

if i was from spain i'd be mad
                    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

no, if you were from spain, you'd be a sore loser now...
                      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I see Spain are making a formal complaint about the decisions in their last match. Some People are beginning to suggest the cup is rigged so Korea can win it.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

C'mon people, you just have to realize that Korea has a more than capable team. But the suggestion of the cup being rigged sounds more realistic than it has done before, and we have heard it in earlier cups.

Either way my qualified bet is that Germany will win this cup and who they will play in the final is unclear to me (Brazil does not impress me...).

Comment

Working...
                          X