Blur Text Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blur Text Problem

I have a problem with my system hardware and any help is appreciated.

My text is beginning to lose its sharpness and show ghosting lately (greenish colour next to the text). Particularly bad is when words with 2 “l” appears next to each other.

I have checked the Matrox card, cable, Bios, drivers… no problems. I can conclude that the problem is in my system hardware. I changed the RAM to no avail. The only other thing I haven’t tested is the power supply and the entire motherboard (Asus CUSL2).

Thanks.

it sounds like your monitor could be a suspect. The obvious question... if it doesn't degausse automaticcally when you turn it on, have you degaussed it lately. Also, if it can do a self test, how are the RGB colors looking? any purity or color bleed problems?
    Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

I have eliminated the LCD monitors (Eizo L685) as the cause. I tested the same monitors with other systems without any problem.

I may have to reinstall my entire WinXP to eliminate the OS problem.

Comment

My LCD monitor is only a cheap one, its capable of 60/70/75 hz however it blurs text at anything over 60hz.

Maybe play with your refresh rate

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Tried switching ClearType on/off? (only a guess, but since it affects the colored subpixels, that might be the cause).

Also, do you use it digitally or are you using analogue outputs? If so, have you checked the cable?

Have you tried another card in your system, to really eliminate the video card as the cause of the problems?

Good Luck

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

You may want to try this program,it works pretty well and may help.

Comment

Working...
            X