Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the new parhelia opengl icd, who wrote it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new parhelia opengl icd, who wrote it?

it has been hinted several times that matrox "got help" with their parhelia opengl icd, can somebody enlighten us about this, or is this still under NDA?
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Still NDA.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Some real professionals who really know OpenGL, should be quite an easy one for you to guess

Comment

ok, if that NDA ever expires, then let us know, im kinda curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
          Some real professionals who really know OpenGL, should be quite an easy one for you to guess
          well, from that description, i would guess SGI, as they practically invented opengl in the first place, AFAIk.

Comment

Yes, SGI or 3DLabs. And since 3DLabs will have a competing product out (P10), I think we can count them out.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

SGI, great... we'll get OpenGL drivers that look very good, and can render large scale very complex 3D scenes at 5 fps, and also small scale, very simple 3D scenes at 5 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                SGI, great... we'll get OpenGL drivers that look very good, and can render large scale very complex 3D scenes at 5 fps, and also small scale, very simple 3D scenes at 5 fps.
                ehh, sgi makes some pretty fast 3d accelerators too, suited for realtime animations, they arenĀ“t all made for the for 5 fps cad-apps.
                Last edited by TdB; 21 June 2002, 11:29.

Comment

It's suspicious that the new 3dlabs product uses nearly the same memory interface as Parhelia... Both cards are not oriented to the same market. 3dlabs is graphic workstation oriented, and Parhelia, despite whatever Matrox can say, seems to be oriented for advanced users (DVD playback), hardcore gamers (Surround Gaming, FAAx16), video edit, and multiscreen workstations.

I smell here some kind of alliance, and it wouldn't surprise me that the "hidden" force behind the ICD is 3dlabs.

Comment

Thought I heard some mention about 3DLabs here not long ago. Check out TCB.. I'm sure there was a thread about the release of P10 there, and some hints at a relationship with M.

Comment

Working...
                    X