• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany survived ...

... but boy, what a horrible match

From two bad teams the better one lost

Rakido
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Germany survived? Umm... oh, you're FROM Germany. Is that how they tell it over there? Let me explain some things. TWICE in the past century an alliance of european countries and the US has contained German aggression. We won.

OH, WAIT! You were talking about Soccer. Silly me.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I wouldn't call it two bad teams or a bad match. Yes Germany is apparently haveing a slightly off season, but they played well. I thought it was a very good match and I couldn't possibly be more proud of my countries team. I was on the edge of my seat from the get go. (heck, I'm still wired beyond belief )

Ian

PS. Gurm, be nice. :P
      Primary System:
      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
      Seccondary System:
      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
      Tertiary system
      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

uh, thanks, exactly what i need now, a smartass who makes fun about the words i use.

go home, watch Digimon

Rakido
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I thought it was a decent match. The USA played very well in particular. Oliver Kahn showed his class for Germany.

Comment

the Germans seemed to play in the typically stoic manner. They just dont seem to have the 'flair' players of old. The USA were better, yes, but naive perhaps

A bizarre but wonderful World Cup

(from a Scotsman whos old enough to remember his own team in them regularly)
            G400 32 D/H, PIII650@840, ABIT-BE6II, MX300

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
              uh, thanks, exactly what i need now, a smartass who makes fun about the words i use.

go home, watch Digimon

Rakido
              I smell flames.

Am I the only one here who isn't all that involved with soccer?
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

gurm: i don't know if you tried to make a joke, if you did it wasn't funny. let me tell you sth. funny: GERMANY WON 1:0

it is true that germany doesn't play very elegant and is usually quite lucky but what counts is that GERMANY WON

and i must say the USAmercians played quite good, fast and more creative than us but then there was no chance to beat Khan. DANKE OLLI
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Germany won Boo Siss. Weren't a bad game though however we'll seem them routed later.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

im proud of us yanks lasting so long too. but i am oh so tired of defending american and football in the same sentence. i gave up this morning... i forget the quote my lovely friend richard.. but it had to do with how many millions of ppl live in the states and the stats on how many actually watched the game. i'm like whateva. i cant deal with it anymore. i told him i'm not going to talk football with him anymore if he just slams the US ppl on how they "dont know anything about the sport, and dont watch it"

blah blah blah blah
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro

I smell flames.

Am I the only one here who isn't all that involved with soccer?
                      no you dont smell flames.. cos there is nothing to smell . you can obviuosly see both are joking.. the only reason flame wars start is when somebody takes it serious and says they fear a flame war coming on.

and no your not the only one not involved in sports.. if i remmeber corrrectly Gurm doesnt like any sports.. or maybe its topics about sports... i forget.. anyway thats where half the humor in it is. i think.. am i making sense or should i just go back to bed
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

It was more Kahn against the USA, instead of Germany against USA.

Kahn made some good saves, he is definitely one of the better goalies at the world cup.
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          Germany survived? Umm... oh, you're FROM Germany. Is that how they tell it over there? Let me explain some things. TWICE in the past century an alliance of european countries and the US has contained German aggression. We won.

OH, WAIT! You were talking about Soccer. Silly me.

- Gurm
                          Geez Gurm.. take a pill.. that was a bit tacky. Good humor doesn't build upon tragedy, and there was more than enough to go around there.

Comment

*sigh*

Look, if it had been France beating the USA, I would have made jokes about how the "Arc de Triumph" needs to instead be called the "Arc de Capitulation", ok? Jeeeezus don't be so ****ing touchy.

I thought it was rather restrained of me to make a joke rather than jump directly to the "all you ****heads who like sports ought to die" diatribe. But if you'd PREFER that one...

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]

no you dont smell flames.. cos there is nothing to smell . you can obviuosly see both are joking.. the only reason flame wars start is when somebody takes it serious and says they fear a flame war coming on.
                              Yeah I can see they are both joking but Gurm's jokes sometimes aren't taken like jokes. I guess I must be paranoid or something around here is REALLY burning, lol. No worries.

EDIT: Did I speak too soon?

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]

and no your not the only one not involved in sports.. if i remmeber corrrectly Gurm doesnt like any sports.. or maybe its topics about sports... i forget.. anyway thats where half the humor in it is. i think.. am i making sense or should i just go back to bed
                              Yeah your making sense. It's all good.
                              Last edited by ZokesPro; 21 June 2002, 12:24.
                              Titanium is the new bling!
                              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                              X