- Matrox Bundle -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - Matrox Bundle -

- I know the Parhelia does come with any games. Only a Demo and DVD Software and Drivers. Buy my question is...

The Parhelia comes with 1 DVI->VGA connector. And 1 DVI-VGA Dongle (if im wrong correct me). Now lets say i have 3 VGA monitors and i connect them to the Parhelia in a Triple Head formation. Now, can i switch to Dual Head on the fly (through Display Properties or PowerDesk)? Or will i have to purchase another DVI-VGA connector and pull out the dongle and reconect the 1 extra Monitor?

Basically, im asking. If i want to use Dual Head and only have 2 VGA Monitors, can i use the Dongle as the DVI->VGA Connector or is an externally bought one be needed? And can i have all 3 VGA monitors connected to the Dongle and switch from Triple head to Dual Head software wise? -

Edit: I guess i said the same thing twice... I guess i said the same thing twice.
    - ? -

You can switch from singlehead to dualhead or trihead (or whatever combo, as long as there is no TV involved) without swapping any cables around.
    Some modes do require a reboot, though, like going from SH to DH with independant resolutions. If you are using "stretched" mode, no reboot is required. I go from SH to TriHead all the time, but have to reboot if I want to be in dualhead independant mode...
    Last edited by Kruzin; 20 June 2002, 23:01.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

- Wow, cool thanks for the quick reply. -
      - ? -

Comment

What OS do you run btw? Is the reboot required in Win2k only - or also XP?

(I usually use independant resolutions at the moment, but I presume I'll have to reboot to use surround gaming in Win2k)

P.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
          You can switch from singlehead to dualhead or trihead (or whatever combo, as long as there is no TV involved)
          What if there is TV involved? Can I use two monitors and a TV at the same time, so that the DVDMax output goes to the television? I'm using G550 + Millenium combo for that now and it would be shame to lose it when I upgrade to P. Of course one could wish that M continues to support old PCI cards in the new driver sets..

Comment

The Millenium can probabely still be used next to the Parhelia, so with this combination it might still be possible...

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Small question here: in triplehead mode, when the displays go in sleep mode and to wake them up you move your mouse, will it ony wake up the screen the cursor is in? Here's another in the same vain: can individual displays go into sleep while anothe one is still active ? (example: if I'm watching a movie in one of the displays, after say 5 mins the other display power down) I hate having to turn on/off my monitors repeatedly...
              What was necessary was done yesterday;
              We're currently working on the impossible;
              For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
              - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
              - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
              - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
              - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
              - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
              (Server)
              - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
              - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
              - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
              - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

frankymail: I doubt Power Management will support that, and almost certainly not the first query. You mean on the desktop if you're using IE on [1], it will switch [2] and [3] off? PM will just count from lack of mouse movement and switch all monitors off.

P.
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Well, currently using the Radeon 8500, if I listen to a movie full-screen using media player, after the set time, the second display powers down. I was asking if I watch a movie on one of the displays, will the other two, after a while, power down?
                  What was necessary was done yesterday;
                  We're currently working on the impossible;
                  For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                  - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                  - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                  - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                  - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                  - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                  (Server)
                  - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                  - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                  - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                  - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

Originally posted by Pace
                    What OS do you run btw? Is the reboot required in Win2k only - or also XP?

(I usually use independant resolutions at the moment, but I presume I'll have to reboot to use surround gaming in Win2k)

P.
                    I am running XP. I believe rebooting is required for certain modes on either OS.
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikey

What if there is TV involved? Can I use two monitors and a TV at the same time, so that the DVDMax output goes to the television? I'm using G550 + Millenium combo for that now and it would be shame to lose it when I upgrade to P. Of course one could wish that M continues to support old PCI cards in the new driver sets..
                      You cannoot run 2 displays+ a TV.
                      TVout is only supported in dualhead mode, so powerering down and swapping cables would be required.

Comment

Originally posted by frankymail
                        Small question here: in triplehead mode, when the displays go in sleep mode and to wake them up you move your mouse, will it ony wake up the screen the cursor is in? Here's another in the same vain: can individual displays go into sleep while anothe one is still active ? (example: if I'm watching a movie in one of the displays, after say 5 mins the other display power down) I hate having to turn on/off my monitors repeatedly...
                        All of the monitors power down/wake up at the same time. I have not seen any way to power down just one display when DH/TH is enabled.

Comment

I have not seen any way to power down just one display when DH/TH is enabled.
                          Can't you just turn one of the monitors off?

gnep
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                          X