Lost posts again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost posts again

Okay now I've lost a shitload of posts. I also tried bringing up some old threads that I had saved and they're gone. Any chance of restoring the database? Some of these posts are actually useful.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

I think (not 100% sure) that lastnight the forum outage was due to the burst.net server we're on HD partition got filled up and... well we do know how effective they are at resolving issues/keeping a server running.

Maybe Ant has a backup (crosses fingers)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

So is anybody looking into this? I assume I'm not the only one affected.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Ok, you've searched and can't find them (ie search is down atm) or you know the thread number/time/location or have gone looking for them in that time period in the forum?

this might sound like a missing persons report but when was the last time you saw them?

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

My post count is way down (maybe by 600-800 posts). Here is an example of a missing thread:

titled "Mushkin's Friday night Special PC-150 for $99-128MB DIMM".

Here's another one ...

titled "Best Hard Drive Setup".

I don't know when the last time I saw them is but I just noticed my post count drop yesterday.
          Last edited by xortam; 20 June 2002, 08:38.

Comment

Xortam,

These the ones?... there still there we just don't have the ability to search for them atm

as for the thread count thing, I don't know (yet...)
            Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Those are the threads. Let me guess ... the thread ids got changed when we switched forum software yet the conversion was able to rectify links?! If not, what's going on here with these saved threads? The post count got a serious hit but I can't check up on some threads until the search is working again. I know I was in the 2800s last November (checked an archived thread; .mht file) and I broke 3000 some months back. Maybe I'm the only one affected this time since nobody else has chimed in. I appreciate you looking into this.
              Last edited by xortam; 20 June 2002, 17:40.

Comment

like... post count test

edit: they're all there, phew
                Last edited by Admiral; 21 June 2002, 00:35.

Comment

I'm gaining for some reason but who cares.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ok it appears (and we have had the disscussion recently about post counts) that for some reason the software was not counting posts correctly and adding a few here and there.
                    Not saying that some threads havn't gone west but more then likely it was a bug in the posts count scripts.

as far as the old ubb stuff, that was all loaded into vB. but sorry you'll have to wait to check till we can sort the search function
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

Ya know xortam, maybe I should go back and delete another 400 posts of my own like I did some 5-6 months ago just to shut you up... GAWD dude I'm missing posts too over all this but yet again I'm not whining about it.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

xortam might still believe that he will be "Über Murcer" if he reaches 10 000
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

You guys really need to upgrade your server....
                          System Specs:
                          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                            Ok it appears (and we have had the disscussion recently about post counts) that for some reason the software was not counting posts correctly and adding a few here and there.
                            Not saying that some threads havn't gone west but more then likely it was a bug in the posts count scripts.

as far as the old ubb stuff, that was all loaded into vB. but sorry you'll have to wait to check till we can sort the search function
                            Thanks Sasq. Do you know the date(s) when the script had been changed or is it the same since MURC switched to vBulletin SW? I'm wondering if there's any correlation to my observations. The post count seems like an easy indicator to track the continued presence of past posts. My main concern is being able to reference old posts for information rather than having to manage my own local archive. I asked Ant ages ago about the reliability of the database through software upgrades/conversion and he assured me that there hasn't ever been any problems. I mostly stopped archiving interesting threads then. I guess I'll start archiving info I want to keep until I know things are intact.
                            Last edited by xortam; 21 June 2002, 13:54.

Comment

afaik the threads are still there. I beleive the ubb -> vB change was about a year ago or so (when ever it was me moved to our wonderful current hosts (insert sarcasim smiley here)

The minor upgrades in vB have been continious, so I'm not sure when and what was fixed.

Dan
                              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                              X