No announcement yet.

Any tech companies hiring in Maryland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tech companies hiring in Maryland?

After succoming to the downturn in the U.S. tech economy late last year. I have been struggling to find "decent" work. Resumes go unanaswered. Phone calls are useless. I think some of my problem is that I have no certifications so businesses needing tech people shy away from me and go for certified employees. And most other companies see my computer qualifications and shy away thinking either I would could get a computer tech related job elsewhere. Kinda thinking "Why would he bother applying here?!" It's pretty bad when even Home Depot won't call you.

If this is inappropriate to ask here I can close the thread, but any ideas on specific companies to apply for would be appreciated. My previous experience in general involves setting up and maintaining a Windows 2000 network including mortgage and credit database software as well as four years of Software Quality Assurance, Tech Support/Customer Service, and Compatability testing (hardware and OS).
    Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 14 July 2004, 10:04.

Join the club. Certain areas just suck right now. The Lehigh Valley, PA is one of them. I have exactly the same situation as you - had a great job (easy to find) a year and a half ago, which was then eliminated (company got sold out) and have had NOTHING since.

Resumes go unanswered, phone calls are useless. I had a recruiter tell me not to expect more than $15/hr., despite my certifications, 10 years of experience in the industry, impressive resume, and college education.

Meanwhile, in New England, life goes on as usual - plenty of jobs. Hopefully, Julie gets relocated up there and things will perk up.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Meanwhile, in New England, life goes on as usual - plenty of jobs. Hopefully, Julie
      gets relocated up there and things will perk up.
      what planet? I havent done any tech related work since last fall, true I am still working on my certs officially, but I have 6 years hands on with hardware and networks and unless you have a bachelors in CS AND are a database guru AND can program in 3 languages....you wont find much around the Boston area
      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Not Boston, true.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that when Boston is concerned that includes the rest of Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire ie all of the north east US in the High Tech pits
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I actually turned up a few interesting hits in the Providence/Groton/Norwich area that Julie is hoping to relocate us to.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
            X