Parhelia looks very promising BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia looks very promising BUT....

I know gaming performance will be awesome, but what about its actual 3D performance in conjunction with GFX and 3D animation programs like Lightwave 7.x, 3DST MAX, Maya ??? So the actual OpenGL performance.....

Has ne1 tested this so far ?

Could it be compared with the Quadro version of an Nvidia GF4, or will it be more like a contender for the 4600 series....

THanks for your reply in advance...

Cheers.

akira70

From the following thread, where one of the BBz who does what you are asking about for a living:

After my recent upgrade from my p3 1GHZ to my PEntium IV 3.1 GHZ (watercooled), it performs pretty well in Lightwave and Messiah (3d animation and modeling packages). On par with the 8500 I had in there before in this arena. THe 3d/CAD people are going to love this card, Tripple head rulez! I can run Layout, Modeler and messiah in each monitor...its awesome!
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Anyone of the Beta Testers ran any CAD Software with the Parhelia?

I using Solidworks at Work and they got me a GF2 MX400 to run it How absurd! Running $3500 software with a $40 video card

I've been trying to get them to upgrade my PC and this would be awesome. The really shocking part of all 5 of the PC's in the CAD dept that run Solidworks mine is the best. I try not to scream about it to much as I don't want to get the Network Admin upset with me. I dont want to burn any bridges before i've even had a chance to cross them

Comment

Be careful not to burn any switches either, network admins don't like that too much either

P.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I use mine for AutoCAD2000 to do 2D CAD, and it works great.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Talking too much about the ICD and how well it works with particular OpenGL enabled programs is likely covered by the NDA and therefore out of bounds.

Guidance from Matrox please?

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 June 2002, 19:41.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
            X