Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -=-=-> Cable Length <-=-=-

Good Day

I want to use my G550 to play movies on my tv in the other room, but before i buy cable, what do you think the max length of cable will be before quality will be lost very badly?

Also which type -> S-Video or AV (composite) will be able to go further?

Thanks

Use a good quality cable and you won't have any problems. I use a 50' length of RG6-QS with RCA adapters and I get no noticeable degradation. I seem to remember that S-Video (Y/C) limits out quicker than composite.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I am just not sure what 50' means, Sorry. Can you put that into meters and if not just tell me which unit ' stands for.

Thanks Again

Yullin

Comment

A little over 15m.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

50' = 50 feet.

50 feet = 15.24 meters

Primary system specs:
          Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

THANKS

Comment

The 15.24m conversion is correct but my box states "50 feet (12.1m)" . My specific cable is listed here. The quad-shielding is overkill for this application but I bought it because I'll be eventually running HDTV over this line.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Quad shielding is necessary only where there are a lot of rf emissions, such as next to a radio station, but the cost differential is not too great so that's no big deal. Be sure your wire is rated for up to 2.2GHz, though, if you want to be assured of good HDTV transmission.

Comment

I have a 50' (15.24 m) triple shielded Svid cable that works a peach and set me back a whole $20.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X