Digimon Emergency!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digimon Emergency!

Ok, I've been up and in front of the TV lately with Logan, and there's NOTHING on from 7-8 AM except Digimon. So I have become a digi-addict.

Then, yesterday, without warning, the current story arc reset itself. The 7AM episode had all the children leaving their parents to go fight the D-Reaper (with Jeri and dumbass-mon still inside), and ended with the usual "to be continued..." - but then the 7:30 episode was the first episode of the current story arc (which apparently is entirely different from previous story arcs, set in a different universe or something where the previous arc with the "digidestined" is just a tv show or comic book or some shit).

Anyway, I sort of surmised that perhaps the daily-run show had caught up with the saturday-morning show, and therefore had reset itself. All fine and well, but I don't even know that there IS a Saturday morning show! And of course www.digimon.com is down, today of all days - so I am left with no way to find out.

Does someone know? Or perhaps know of a site I can go to?

I know, it's SAD, right? Well, it's either that or "Bear in the Big Blue House", and I HATE that show - it's really REALLY REALLY bad for kids.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

What is digimon?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Like "Pokemon", only instead of a parallel universe where everyone lives on little islands and all the animals in the world have been replaced by semi-sentient beings called "Pokemon"... it's a parallel universe where the Internet has gone out of control and become the "digital world", which is filled with little AI creatures called "Digimon" (Digital Monsters, instead of Poket Monsters), which can - through the use of special cards (don't ask, it includes the playing card game as part of the story line) - "digivolve" into gigantic, somewhat fearsome champions of justice.

I say "somewhat" fearsome, because no matter how big a bunny is, and how many rocket launchers you give it... it's still just a bunny.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

hahah well sad gurm
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Its just a bunny..

Famous last words from Monty Python, Holy Grail

Comment

Hehe, my little cousin watches it all the time, so I end up watching it with her sometimes.
            System Specs:
            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
            May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
            Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
            And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
            just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
            For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Grace, (2) is obsessed with 'bear in the big blue house'.... Its not as bad as that purple dinocrap barney.... the kids they have on that show are all tryiong to be moviestars.... Its bloody awful...

I actually like digimon myself, but as G is a bit young yet, I only catch it sometimes....

its still down, btw....
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

So how bad for kids must that bear thingie be, if digimon is considered good compared to it?

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Bear is good enough to win Emmy awards for excellence in childrens programming. It's produced by Jim Henson Studios and most of the characters are very much Muppets, although Bear himself is a human inside a very large costume.

Barney is the one with the neo-starlets and parents that would gladly take out a hit on him

Bear is actually Baby Bear from Goldilocks all grown up and raising a Ojo (a female cub) in his blue house. He also lives with Tutter (a blue hyperkinetic/paranoid mouse), Treelo (a manic green & white lemur), Pip and Pop (purple otters who I swear are on acid) and sings "the goodbye song" with his old friend Luna (the moon) at the end of the show. He also presents his friend Shadow (literally just a shadow) who tells a daily story.

Lots of singing, dancing, life lessons and funnies.

Can you tell I have a 4 year old?

PS: I wouldn't even turn the dial to DigiMon. Yeecchhh....

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 June 2002, 16:28.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My problem with Bear is this...

Bear is the parent figure, right? That makes Ojo and all the other morons the children, yeah?

Ok, EVERY episode, Bear starts the day with a plan. Sadly, about 2 minutes in, this plan is wrecked as all the kids run in and demand that he do other things...

Sometimes Bear gets mail. It inevitably is a special object he has ordered or wanted, and it inevitably is stolen by the children, who use, abuse, and/or destroy it.

Now... there are good lessons to be had in the show, that's for sure. The OVERT messages are excellent.

But the COVERT message is that no matter what your parents say, bug them until you get what you want. End of story. It's sad. I've watched a dozen or more episodes, and in each and every one, Bear ends the show saying "gee, I really wanted to get the dusting done today..." and chuckles.

He wanders around with a perpetual sigh, a half-frown due to the fact that here he is, a grown bear, and he NEVER EVER gets stuff done. Heaven forbid bear ever got a job, the kids would be calling him every 30 seconds with an "emergency", or tearing through his office.

There are no rules in the big blue house. There is no discipline. There is a large bear that caters to the whims of his kids, little shits who will grow up to be BIG shits.

THAT is why Bear in the Big Blue House is bad, and why Logan can't watch it. Christ, I even let him watch the ****ing Wiggles show the other day.

- Gurm

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised. Nobody has refuted my analysis of BITBBH?

- Gurm

Comment

No, I was just packing up some Prozac and mailing it to you

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I guess not many know it... Then again, children's programme is SO f*cked up over here on the popular channels... WAY more druggy than ANYTHING I've seen elsewhere... and it just tears my nerves apart whenever I accidentally switch to any morning childrens cartoon show.

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Dr Mordrid

When you have 2 kids under 3..... it really DOES mirror life! I havent had a plan work since Christmas...

It keeps them quiet, and I dont think they will ever get the subliminal messages...

If I knew how to I would put a hit on that damneable Barney.... I would save a couple of mags for the kids on the show too

Discipline, and the application of it, seems inversely proportinal to the number of Kids being looked after times some equivelent function based round the age of 2!
                            IE they are good when born (cant do much!) it goes down hill till 2 when the strops kick in.... (hopefull) gets better gradually until they are 18 and leave! (there might be a dip in the early teens - I haven't gote any kids there yet...)

Tutter is definately on drugs though

Regards
                            RedRed
                            Last edited by RedRed; 20 June 2002, 14:11.
                            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                              Wow, I'm surprised. Nobody has refuted my analysis of BITBBH?

- Gurm
                              I think it's a rather good one! :-)
                              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X