X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Bundle

Now this I find really disappointing:

A custom colour control app
    A Photoshop only plug-in (I use the not-so-powerful but still-very-useful PaintShop Pro 7).
    Some tech demos
    errr... drivers!

Would have been nice if Matrox had either UT2K3 - or a voucher/rebate for said beast - it's got the timing almost there! Or at least one piece of actual software that shows off the Matrox specific feature (triplehead for example).

Bah! No software bundle then!
    Cheers, Reckless

Kind of disappointed about that too. Oh well. Maybe they'll add in some last minute stuff.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Re: Software Bundle

Originally posted by Reckless
      ...Or at least one piece of actual software that shows off the Matrox specific feature (triplehead for example).
      The tech demo(s) maybe?

And anyway - anyone can bundle software these days - what would you rather have? The card for a set price or the card plus other crap to make up the feature list for more money?

Comment

My wording was carefull - actual was used as tech demos are not pieces of software - they are presentation/demo material and will be done as a matter of course for new products. Without them, the press will not have their wow quota.

If you consider U2K3 as crap then I beleive you'd be in the minority. Yes anyone can bundle software but Matrox actually define those I listed as a software bundle - personally I think it's pretty lame.

Expendable was bundled as a bump mapped showcase title with my G400Max and I was looking forward to a similar package. My thought is that they could easily bundle a half decent title in at the $399 release price. Obviously you feel the price is well justified as is and I'll not change that viewpont.
        Cheers, Reckless

Comment

I'd have to agree that the announced bundle if that is all there is is pretty disappointing for a product with this price tag.

Comment

I didn't see a DVD player in the list. At the very least they should include one of those!

Comment

Ant hit it for me, I was expecting more than a Parhelia for my £280. I wonder what the bulk product will offer.

btw, anyone know what the cheapest Parhelia is? I.e. is it cheaper in Canada? Guess where I'm going on my vacation
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

There won't be a DVD player bundle. They'll be supporting a couple of 3rd party ones. Or at least that's what Haig said over on the Matrox forums.
                Mike

Comment

Working...
                X