Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g200 problem

hi,

in the last thread i hailed the g400 picture qualities. the comp i removed my old g400 is one of my seti crunchers, my gf usually also works on.
    i replaced the g400 with a g200 on that system which runs win98se.
    after rebooting that system with g200 installed all went fine, i installed the new matrox drivers and they worked flawless after rebooting.
    now the next day when i came from uni my gf was not extremly happy as she rebooted the system and after rebooting when starting the destop windows showed only a big distortion. (looks like when the comp crashes due too high overclocking settings)

now i have some ideas what could be the problem:
    -bios got a problem and should be reflashed.
    -i didnt do a correct cleaning of the old matrox drivers and in some way they messed up - but against that would be that even with the win98 default drivers same problem occurs now.
    -some ram chip is defect on the card thus when the drivers try to swich in non standard-vga mode it crashes.
    -it has a problem with the old amd750 chipset. a lot cards had problems with it, but the g400 ran in the same board flawless.

any ideas?

greets,
    string

I've had that problem too, with my old Asus K7M (also AMD750 chipset) and a G200, only fix I found is to reboot in safe mode, remove Matrox software, reboot, reinstall Matrox software... under Win 9x that is.

After upgrading the machine to Win XP, it's been working without a hitch, go figure.
    Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

ah thanks for the hint. ill try that out

Comment

the G200/G400/G450/G550/Parhelia work flawless on the AMD 750 chipset.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Is it a PCI or AGP G200? The 75x chips were great, but most boards only used the north bridge, and used a crap VIA south bridge (K7M included).
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

its an agp g200, hadnt time yet to try box`s idea out.

Comment

Working...
            X