multi-colred monitor in prem6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi-colred monitor in prem6.0

I hope this is the proper forum for this problem. Things have been working just fine, until I opened up Prem6 today to make another VHS copy of one of my video projects. In the monitor window, everything was outlined in mostly red lines. I closed P6, rebooted, and then everything was completely intistinguishable. Nothing but horizontal yellow, red and green lines.. looked like 1969! I re-booted again, and got a better picture, but everything was still outlined in red and yellow thin lines. I closed P6 again, and opened the Matrox Player with the same results. Quicktime Movies played just fine and looked great. Only .avi files appear to have gone crazy.
    The only thing I did between having a good picture, and Fantasia on drugs...was delete a couple of old projects, then I defragged the Video drive (80 Gig drive with 17% free).
    I haven't yet tried making a video VHS copy and seeing if the distortion is really there, I have tried capturing fresh video, and the problem persists. Thought I'd give the experts here a shot first, as it may be a common problem.
    I also tried changing the display settings, but no change. Has been working fine on "True Color (32 bit)" and 1600 X 600.
    P4, 1.9 GHz
    1 Gig RDRAM
    RT2500
    Mill G550 Video Card
    Windows 2000 Pro SP2
    Matrox Video Tools version: 3.1.0.2127b
    Motherboard/process:
    1 INTI5600013 P4 1.9GHz/256K 478-pin CPU Boxed
    1 INTI5450004 FCPGA 850 ATX 478-pin 400MHz FSB
    W/LAN & Audio

G550 Driver:
    date: 9/28/2001