No announcement yet.

Desktop Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have installed a Dazzle Firewire card on my PIII 500 with a G400DH+RRG. Under MSP 6.0 with the DV patch. I am not able to record to the camera (Canon MV20) from the time line.
    I am following the instruction on the DV patch but when I start the recording process the MV20 goes in REC but without video.
    The clip runs full screen on the PC and is not transmitted to the camera.
    If I use the Export function the MV20 records che DV clip just fine.
    Another problem is that in the Recording panel of MSP 6.0 the two options: Manual and Device Control for Batch capture are greyed out.
    That means I cannot capture in batch.
    On the other end with the MSP 6.0 camera control panel I can control all the camera functions without any problems.
    What am I missing ? Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Sounds like you're using the TI device driver (camera shows up under Sound Vid & Game controllers)

Theres no batch capture facilities implemented by MSPro 6 that support the TI driver You need the MS device driver installed for batch capture to operate(which in turn means Win98SE or Win2000 the original Win98 is not supported by the MS camcorder driver)

wether the TI driver is having an impact on your playback from timeline direct to camcorder I don't know for sure (I've only ever used the MS driver)

One last point to note the MS driver has a hard time with some PAL MiniDV camcorders (some Canons included) if its a PAL model you have check first and see if others are using it successfully with the MS driver

Steven C

Comment

Working...
    X