Help !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !!!

I was woundering if anyone knows how to connect a windows 2000 pro WS to a Mandrake 8.2 box using a remote session that would be great...

Does that need to be a module loaded during startup
    is it a windows only type thing... need to download software to creat remote session... what software and is it free...

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
    What was the error? Well its the ID10T error.

do you mean something like VNC?

VNC is available for mosts OS's and I think it even has a java/browser client available

Comment

VNC available details at

it may be part of the mandrake distro(can't check right now)

Comment

Use the thightVNC [Virtual Network Console) from www.tightvnc.com

Uses about a 1/10th of the bandwidth compared to ordinary VNC

I've seen though that it might use some more CPU, but you can also connect in "hex" mode (normal VNC) and the it's just like the regular VNC.

And, with VNC you see the desktop in your linux in a window in windows

just install the tightVNC and run
        • vncserver [ort_number] (default is 5940, :2 is added to default = 5942)
        • vncpasswd (your passwd for the vnc screen)

then just start the windows vnc client and connect to the linux @ ip.ip.ip.iport_number (i.e 192.168.1.2:0)

good luck
        My system:
        | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
        homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

IMHO the better way is to use a Xserver on your Windows WS like X-Win32 or Exceed, but you have to pay for it.
          There is also a XFree86 port for Windows (via Cygwin) available, but I never tried this out.

Sirko

Comment

Originally posted by lindberg
            Use the thightVNC [Virtual Network Console) from www.tightvnc.com

Uses about a 1/10th of the bandwidth compared to ordinary VNC

I've seen though that it might use some more CPU, but you can also connect in "hex" mode (normal VNC) and the it's just like the regular VNC.

And, with VNC you see the desktop in your linux in a window in windows

just install the tightVNC and run
            • vncserver [ort_number] (default is 5940, :2 is added to default = 5942)
            • vncpasswd (your passwd for the vnc screen)

then just start the windows vnc client and connect to the linux @ ip.ip.ip.iport_number (i.e 192.168.1.2:0)

good luck
            Tight seemed to work the best ... almost can see my tvtuner work in realtime... LOL this is so kickass... Linux has come a long way totaly. I can't believe how easy it is with mandrake. I'm using XFS file system (not sure all the in's and out's about it but its supposed to be better than original Linux native... let me know otherwise ) got it to burn Mandrake 8.2 ISO's from Linuxiso all three with no buffer errors better than the usual 10 to 15 in Windozzzzzzzz. Got the VNC going, I CAN TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm so happy I could just burst

Comment

Yup, tight is nice stuff. I have noticed that the colors might be a bit strange when running the max compressed transfer but for me it's good enough.

I'm running tightVNC client at work through a ssh tunnel to my home computer ... Not that I'm using irc or such thing on my work time, no no
              My system:
              | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
              homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

I was thinking of the types of things I could set my minion Lini the Linux box off to do while I was at work Muahahahahahaha !!!! I'LL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I know Linux now!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

JK... I'm still a stupid newbie @ this stuff and it will take me some time to "GET" most of it but I've been even able to figure out how to start something on bootup wow I'm sooooooo goooood!!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                X