Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird video playback resolution issue on G550. Any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird video playback resolution issue on G550. Any help?

Hello there,

Since the very first install of my Matrox G550 in my system I experience this very weird problem on video playback resolution -

As you can see from the attached files, at resolutions higher or equal to 1280x960 video rendered in EVERY application (windows media, DivX, DVD using powerDVD, Realplayer etc) appears to have half resolution (blocky pixels).

The attached files are actual photos taken to the screen, since overlay video cannot be copied to clipboard.

The very strange thing is everything is looking ok at resolutions lower than 1280x960 (no blocky pixels), and disappears also if you lower video hardware acceleration on display properties up to "disable directx".

My system is P4-1700 on Asus P4B , 1GB SDRAM, with no additional hardware, tested even on clean installation of windows 2000 SP2, even with newest directx 8.1.
    Matrox Bios and Motherboard bios/chipset drivers are updated to the very latest versions.

Do you believe this could be a hardware failure? I've never tried another G550 board. My previous G450 card was working 100% ok in this system.

I've got NO clues from Matrox support center, any help is really appreciated!.Thanks!
    Attached Files

check wether it's using overlay at the resolution/refresh where you're experiencing the problem. You can do this by running the windows magnifier (in accessibility tools program group in win2k), and move the mousepointer over the video. If the pc isn't using overlay, then the video will show up in the magnifier bar. If so, lower your refresh rate/resolution or disable any dualhead modes you don't need at the time you play back video.

Comment

Hello there, yes card is using video overlay. It seems to be overlay video that triggers the blocky display, just at 1280x960 and higher.
      Dualhead modes (including "multiple resolution dualhead") are disabled.
      Directx utilities are well configured, i don't know what to do.
      Is there any parameter in overlay video rendering engine to setup? I'm starting to think about a hardware failure..

Comment

Working...
      X