G400MAX + Win2k + Drv5.82 -> DVDMax missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX + Win2k + Drv5.82 -> DVDMax missing

I am a matrox user for 3 years. Recently I ran into very strange problem and I am wondering if anybody had gone through something similar.

I have two PC’s and I decided to designate older (PIII/500MHz, NMC-PE IntelBX mobo, 128MB RAM/ECC, 30GB HDD, DVD & CD drives, SBLive!, G400MAX) as a multimedia comp connected permanently to my home entertainment center. All parts except DVD drive (el cheapo, IDE, x10) I have been using before. The G400 I used in all modes DualHead, DualClone, DVDMax and it worked without any problem. So I put the multimedia PC together I installed Win2k + all patches. I installed the most recent graphic card drivers (5.82) and DVD players (PowerDVD and Matrox/ Ravisent -DVD Player). I realized that I do not have DVDMax option at all. Physically DVDMax option is missing from the tree in Matrox settings . The same is with drivers 5.72, 5.84beta and also under Win98 drivers 6.82. Older versions of drivers show DVDMax option but it does not work. Cloning works fine. Also if I have DVDMax option and I am changing some settings the 'test screen' shows up on the TV.

Any ideas or suggestions are more then welcome.
    SergeS

Let's see, I've used my G400 with w2k and 5.72 driver (the MS certified one) and dvd-max has worked fine for me. Only thing that didn't work was the darn real media, the real player wouldn't maximize the video in the TV!

I've never seen the DVD Max option vanish

Did you get the matrox player installed in w2k? As far as I know it's cinemaster 99 (atleast mine is) and it doesn't work under w2k. I've used powerDVD in w2k and atleast with that one the DVD Max has worked fine.
    My system:
    | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
    homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Let's see, I've used my G400 with w2k and 5.72 driver (the MS certified one) and dvd-max has worked fine for me. Only thing that didn't work was the darn real media, the real player wouldn't maximize the video in the TV!

I've never seen the DVD Max option vanish

Did you get the matrox player installed in w2k? As far as I know it's cinemaster 99 (atleast mine is) and it doesn't work under w2k. I've used powerDVD in w2k and atleast with that one the DVD Max has worked fine.
      My system:
      | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
      homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Moved to Matrox Hardware forum
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Problem Solved

Problem Solved!

I found the solution. Originally I installed the drivers when a TV set was not connected to the second head. Probably it was the source of the problem. Even after uninstalling of the drivers some Matrox’s settings stay in Windows’ registry. I deleted them manually through regedit and when I reinstalled the drivers with proper connection to my entertainment center. DVDMax works now. I still have a problem with creepy subtitles fonts but 'it is completely different story'

Cheers!
          SergeS

Comment

Working...
          X