Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & RR-G Driver problem

Hi!

I have for a long time used G200 and RR-G without problem (after macro-crack of course). Since I had no TV-Out and my hardware supplier was unable to provide the TV-Out module for the G200 I decided to upgrade to an G400DH (I was offered a great deal ). Anyways...

I installed the card and the latest drivers and everything was fine, until I started my Video Tools. It was no big suprise that they wouldn't work togheter since I never Upgraded the Video Tools. So I went driver hunting again to matrox site with my modem.
    I Downloaded the latest drivers for RR-G (5.55.022 driver & 1.54.040 VidTool). I did run the "Uninstall program" matrox offered for there 4.5x++ drivers. I then tweaked everything like I wanted it and life was once more good. The following day when I booted my computer (yes, I do turn it off over night ), just before the monitor was to show the Windows desktop after the boot logo, a DOS message appeared claiming: "Windows protection error. Reboot your computer." (The message was in Swedish so I might have translated it wrong.)

After reboot Windows suggested Safe mode etc etc. I then went to this forum to see what driver versons to use and found that most ppl were using VidTools 1.52 and Display 5.42 (recalled from head, I'm typing @ work ). So I uninstalled the 'new' 5.55 driver and installed the 5.42 instead. When I now turn on my computer I still get the "Windows protection..." and has to reboot.

I then, as a work around, boot to normal again, get some info that says my display drivers might be wrong and then another reboot. Then my driver is working again and I can tweak in 'my' settings (eg. resolution and refresh rates). When I then boot my computer the next day I have to re-do the whole process.

Now, while I type, I'm unsure if I can reboot Windows w/o getting the errors. I should if the problem is hardware related but not if it's software related. Gotta try this lunch ) Anyways, if someone out here has a solution or ideas they are much apreciated!

I run a Swedish version of Windows '98 (not SE since I have much trouble with it).
    I have and AMD K6-2 400MHz and an ASUS P5A.

Have a nice day

/Tobbe

[This message has been edited by the_TnT (edited 08 June 2000).]

Kör matrox uninstall programmet igen.
    Avinstalera vidtools
    Kör en sökning efter filer i system katalogen:
    mga*.*
    g*.*
    Radera de du hittar
    Glöm inte PDKERNEL.DLL (den missar matrox program)
    Gå in i c:\windows\inf\other och mörda alla matrox inf filer här
    Starta regedit och utplåna MATROX register nycklarna.
    Starta om datorn så att inga gamla iställningar finns kvar i minnet!
    Kör in PD 5.42 och VT 1.52 igen så ska det nog Fungera

(If any one wants a translation i will do one on request)

------------------
    INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    256 MB RAM CAS2
    43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
    X