Clear All

• Critical MSFT security flaw

Affected Software:

Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0
    Microsoft ISA Server 2000

Read the FAQ and kill the Gopher.
    Patch is still pending.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

It seems as if the page has been removed.

MadScot
    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Still comes up for me.

Yep ... blew my cache and I still get it.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-027

P.S. Note also that running email in the Restricted Sites zone (like I do) won't protect you. You need to enable the "Read as Plain Text" feature in Outlook.
      Last edited by xortam; 11 June 2002, 19:57.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Ok, it's back up for me. It was definatly down for a little while though...

MadScot
        Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Xortam

Now that last link of yours is quite nifty for Outlook and I think it should be a default setting on most machines.

Any idea if the same can be done for Outlook Express (either 5.5 or 6.0) ?

Cant seem to find any relevant info at Microsoft
          Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by LvR
            Xortam

Now that last link of yours is quite nifty for Outlook and I think it should be a default setting on most machines.

Any idea if the same can be done for Outlook Express (either 5.5 or 6.0) ?

Cant seem to find any relevant info at Microsoft
            It seems to only apply to Outlook XP SP1 according to the article. I like the way they call it a feature yet you've got to hack the Registry to enable it. I haven't tried it on my Outlook 2000 SR-1 yet. The key is under Office\10.0 while I've got up to Office\9.0. I may try it tomorrow after some backups. Note that pics will appear as attachments, etc. I don't know about OE but I'd doubt if it will work there either. The article only seems to help Outlook XP SP1 mail users ... the rest of us are apparently screwed until they get the patches out.

Comment

Thanks - will keep digging here as well.
              Lawrence

Comment

Working...
              X