What about P benchmarks ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about P benchmarks ???

I want to ask againt - what's going on with P ??? Is there anybody who knows how many point P will score ???? 3dMark ??? Are there any benchmarks ???
    Abit KG7-Raid
    AMD Athlon 1,4 GHz
    256 DDR 2100
    Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32 Mb
    17 " ViewSonic P70f
    15 Gb Maxtor 5400/2 Mb ATA 100
    CD-ROM Teac 32x
    FreeBSD/Win2k

Re: What about P benchmarks ???

Originally posted by DarkStar
    I want to ask againt - what's going on with P ??? Is there anybody who knows how many point P will score ???? 3dMark ??? Are there any benchmarks ???
    Who cares hom many points card xxx gets in nVidi0t mark?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

well, im interrested too.
      and there are other benchmarks than 3dmark.

that unreal2 performance test, serious sam se, code creatures, just to name a few.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Unreal2 Performance test?????

You have it? Where can I get it?
        Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
        ----------------------
        Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

no, I don´t have it, but it will probably go public soon, and anandtech already have it.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

DAMNIT!

I was getting my hopes up. Why don't they just release it. Who cares if it will only run on a "few select systems".

Jake
            Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
            ----------------------
            Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Yeah no crap.. I don't care if its 10 billion fps I just want to know that it can do 100 fps at 1024x768x32 (or at least close to it) on games like q3, halflife(no doubt that it will...TNT2 could almost do it). I would like someone to also do a test with all settings cranked and display the performance drop. I'm buying one of these no matter what but I want to know what the hell I can expect.
              What was the error? Well its the ID10T error.

Comment

I just want to know that it can do 100 fps at 1024x768x32 (or at least close to it) on games like q3, halflife(no doubt that it will...TNT2 could almost do it).
                Yeah in a wet dream it could! That's peak and peak means nothing, minimum means everything and the TnT2 would choke severely at that res... HL on the other hand is much slower paced and plays well on just about any modern 3D card.

I find it funny when I hear peeps claiming that UT plays fine on their G400 @1024x768 32bit all eyecandy on... wanna see me whip yo arse when playing online at that res/detail?!
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Idind't say that Q3 with evrything on, with most eyecandy on it should do 100 fps... sorry a $600.00 CND card should do an older game like Q3 at 100 FPS (about 80% of the time only under heavy polygon count it should slow down to 60 to 80 fps). Sorry if my expectations are "HIGH"... not really 100 fps is nothing... my GF3 Ti200 can keep a sustained 85 + FPS on Q3, I expect the Parhelia to at least keep the FPS that my Ti200 can with eyecandy on. I don't think that is too much, if you do than you don't play many First person shooters and I do, all I have to say is a 180 degree jumpspin and that should explain what I'm saying.

Comment

I'd be extatic if I could play all my games at 1280x960x32 with all the eyecandy turned on, at an average of 50-60 fps. If it dips down into the 30's during heavy graphics...that's cool. I don't need more than that.

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

nor did I say with all eye candy on in Q3
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

ok fair enough, but you have to admit that 100 fps is not stellar performance in the first place and since current card have very little problems attaining it I would be very un-impressed if a shiny new $600.00 CND card can't even do that. 100 fps most of the time is not much to ask.

Comment

Sorry just to mention 100 fps at 1024x768x32 not tri-head just single monitor. Since there are some people out there that claim it does 160 fps in Q3 I don't think its much of a problem but I'm just trying to say that 100 FPS gives the head room for dips in FPS and still having smooth playability.

Comment

Benchmarks don't mean much when NVIDIA cheats their way through them

If you run 3DMark2001SE on an NVIDIA card and omit the title screens the score drops. The difference is huge; as in 600-1000 points using the Ti4600.

Wonder why? Read this thread;

Maybe the NVIDIA drivers are doing a sneaky? Seems possible as MadOnion is "researching" the possiblity that NVIDIA's drivers are the root of this "issue"

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 June 2002, 17:41.
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

arg... screw the FPS... my freind is an Nvidia fan..... i lsitend to him once and "upgraded" from a G200 to a Gforce Max2 or something like that .. cant remeber becuse i was to disapointed that it hardly stayed in my system a whol month befor i replaced it with a G450.... sadly the G450 is now damaged due to some grounding problems here in my building ...

Dr. Mordrid:
                              couldent help noticing that you have an RT2000 ... u use premier alot? what for exactly? and have you ever considered using Avid Xpress DV instead.... just curious as to how well Premier actualy works with the RT2000 as oposed to stand alone premier with DV and how both options compare with AVID Dv...
                              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                              X