w00t!!! Guess what I got???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w00t!!! Guess what I got???????

Yes I personally took this screen shot. I shot a rocket into the wall but the pic doesn't do it justice.

All of those white dots are actually flying around like little pixies and the shield is spinning on the base with sparks comming out.
    Last edited by Pneumatic; 10 June 2002, 19:14.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Nice

But say, don't the sparks look kinda... like they thought "more polys, more polys... let's add sparks to the powerups"? I always found them to be looking... goofy (if goofy means what I think it means... what does goofy mean? )

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It looks pretty cool to me. This version of the demo doesn't allow you to play with the video settings so I can't crank anything up. It looks pretty decent the way it is but I know that the real release will be much better.

If it isn't illegal to post (since it isn't officially out yet), here is the site to get the demo. If it is illegal to post, just let me know and I will delete the link

[link deleted]
      I'll delete that for you.
      Thats warez.
      Warez are not permitted here.
      -K
      Last edited by Kruzin; 10 June 2002, 21:22.

Comment

It would look better on 3 three III XXX monitors
        I'm with the ugly guy below me

(It's amazing how many threads I kill with that line )

Comment

Ah. Thats an OLD demo. Its been available for more than half a year.

The NEW (and official) demo cant be that far away?

~~DukeP~~

Comment

what card is it running on???
            Dell Inspiron 8200
            Pentium4m 1.6
            640mb pc2100
            64mb gf440go
            15" uxga ultrasharp
            40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Originally posted by roadie
              what card is it running on???
              I am running a GF3 Ti500 in this box at the moment.

Comment

I'm green with envy...
                Is the shock rifle available in the demo?
                My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Beez...Beez...Geez

How did I know that you would be asking that question first and foremost? You're just feeding into your rep...lol.
                  Like the screenie, tho.....looks like good things are to come
                  AMD 2500XP @ 2.3 GHz
                  512 MB DDR PC3700 DChann
                  ATI Radeon 9800 Pro now (s'alright)
                  SB Live 5.1 Value
                  80GB Drive

Comment

I got the game as well, too bad my system is real crap and doesn't handle it too well lol, it was bloddy tricky trying to get it to work but i done it

Also Kindness, you can crank up the settings open the user.ini file in wordpad or notepad and find the folowing lines

FullscreenViewportX=800
                    FullscreenViewportY=600

That is your res (i.e 800x600) and you can make it higher. Also look for this as well:

TextureDetailInterface=Normal
                    TextureDetailTerrain=Normal
                    TextureDetailWeaponSkin=Normal
                    TextureDetailPlayerSkin=Normal
                    TextureDetailWorld=Normal
                    TextureDetailRenderMap=Normal
                    TextureDetailLightmap=UltraHigh

Those are your detail levels and you can make them low, normal, high or ultrahigh Hope that helps, also beezer you can use the shock rifle
                    Last edited by Jazzz; 11 June 2002, 14:19.

Comment

It won't work on my Voodoo 5 "Unsupported Graphics Card" and it locks up my G400 after a few seconds of play (tested in Win98 and Win2K) .
                      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

it won't work on my G400 max either I got a feeling only ATI and nvidia cards work onit, hehe also the parhelia might was as well

Comment

Yes you can still use the Shock rifle but it doesn't have NEARLY the power it use to have. It looks a lot cooler whenyou shoot it though.

I cranked EVERYTHING to "UltraHigh" and put it on 1280x1024 and all I have to say is.... WOW! The detail is pretty incredible.

Here is a picture of the shock rifle lying in the grass. The jpg does not do it justice.

Comment

Here is the old shock rifle in the "grass" for comparison.

Comment

Cheers for the pics mate, woah look at the difference especially with the grass, too bad me g400 max doesn't work maybe we should ask haig when they are gonna release a patch

Here is what Mark Rein said about the leak

Now that there's a leaked version out there DE/Epic should release the current version as the demo.

I think that would just compound a big problem with a bigger mistake. The version of the game out there is missing a whole bunch of features. It has mediocre performance, lacks a ton of AI code, has unfinished levels, doesn't have Karma physics in it, has unfinished menus, lacks a ton of sound effects and music, has unbalanced, untweaked weapons, and generally is indicative of something still too early to even be called "beta". Perhaps knowing this will discourage the real fans and customers from obtaining this version and tainting their initial impressions of UT2003. We want people's first impression of a playable version of our game to be a good one. Yes there will be bugs and omissions in the official demo/test - we're putting it out to help track those things down - but it will be representative of DE and Epic's vision of the final product.

I got this from http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1245

Comment

Working...
                              X