Need advice on 19" monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on 19" monitor

I'm soon to upgrade my Mag xj700t 17" monitor to a 19" one.

I would like some advice on that since I know many users around here use 19" (or more..).

Presently I'm considering the NEC FE950+.
    I want a good 19" monitor (not necesseraly the best).
    Athlon64 4800+
    Asus A8N deluxe
    2 gig munchkin ddr 500
    eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
    X-Fi Fatality
    HP w2207

I have an FE950+ and it's been quite good so far. I think it's ideal working resolution is 1280x960. It can handle 1600x1200, but not at a decent refresh rate. It was the only 19" flat tube monitor available at my local store when I was making my purchase, but it's turned out to be quite nice, and the price was good. Others to consider are ViewSonic, Samsung, Cornerstone, etc.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Here we go again!

*AHEM*

Time for [what seems like] the weekly Jammrock monitor rant. Sponsered by Cornerstone monitors. The prefered montitor of MURCers all over the world.

Before I upgraded to my Cornerstone p1460, I used almost the exact same monitor as you. Mine was the Mag XJ715T. After posing the exact same question as you did I bought the Cornerstone:

Simply put, the Cornerstone blew away my trusty Mag XJ715T in color depth, quality, clearness, crispness...well, everything. The current model of mine is the p2460. At Cornerstone's factory direct site it retails for a whopping $289:

All of the MURCers I know with a Cornerstone on the desk think it's the best montitor there is. And so do I. Other options that people like are Iiyama, Hitachi and Sony. Some of those are sold on MonitorsDirect.com as well.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I read somewhere that some cornerstone monitor were plagued with Moire effect and with curved border (supposedly not solvable ) , is it true ? or net BS ?
        Athlon64 4800+
        Asus A8N deluxe
        2 gig munchkin ddr 500
        eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
        X-Fi Fatality
        HP w2207

Comment

I'm quite happy with my FE950+. It's paired with a GeForce3 card while my G400 is paired with a 19" KDS monitor. The NEC more than makes up for the GF3 in regard to both 2D and 3D.
          My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

jackzod, it's BS
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Beez, how does an 2D monitor improve 3D?
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

these monitors sure looks fine on paper, now if i could find somewhere to see them in Canada...
                Athlon64 4800+
                Asus A8N deluxe
                2 gig munchkin ddr 500
                eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
                X-Fi Fatality
                HP w2207

Comment

Working...
                X