Dynamic Disk in Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Disk in Win2k

Here's one that I will be amazed if anyone can figure out. I've got a Win2k laptop that I want to upgrade to a dynamic disk. Unfortunately, Microsoft in their infinite wisdom has disabled dynamic disk for laptop users. I've been looking all over online to try and find a hack or workaround, but as of yet, cannot find one.

My theory is, that since the OS is the same for desktop and laptop, there's a setting somewhere that tells whether to OS is installed on a laptop or desktop. If I can find that setting and trick the OS into thinking it's a desktop long enough to convert to dynamic disk, then switch back, I'd be set. The problem is that I can't find that setting. And MS certainly hasn't published one.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

xteq X-setup
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

ha ha...this is for a work project, Linux is not an option

Jammrock

Comment

X-Setup is a very advanced TweakUI Jammrock...and it's for Windows (not to be confused with another X )
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Javol.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

ah...never heard of it before. I obviously thought it was Linux/Unix based I'll hunt it down and see if it works.

Jammrock

Comment

Working...
            X