No announcement yet.

Couple more G400TV/MS Pro 6 questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple more G400TV/MS Pro 6 questions.

Hi everyone,

I’m using MSPro5.2VE and have always had to keep the mouse button down for ten to fifteen seconds to initialise the preview window.

Reading the “Merv Wilson” thread I checked my ulead32.ini file with the settings posted there.

My Ulead32.ini included:

RecompressWhenScrubbing=1
    ;HwCodecID=dmb1
    DisableAcc1=1

So I changed it to:
    ;RecompressWhenScrubbing=1
    HwCodecID=dmb1
    DisableAcc1=0

And the preview window opens in about four seconds and then stays open for subsequent scrubbing. If anything is rendered it needs the four seconds to reopen and then “scrubs” fine. So I assume it’s these settings that cause the difference.

However, after closing MSPro5.2VE my “start” button locks up and I have to reboot!?

Does this happen with MSPro6? Or is it because I'm applying MSPro6 tweaks to 5.2VE that this happens?

Some more questions for you (if that’s OK).

Haven’t done much editing recently, my G400TV was a “green lines” version and it has so far taken two months of waiting and I still haven’t got a replacement from Matrox. Apparently they’ve had to redesign them and fingers crossed a batch is, as I type, on its way to Matrox Ireland for distribution in Europe.

I’m thinking of upgrading to MSPro 6. I’ll be using the G400TV. Most of my time with the trial version of MSPro6 was spent trying to get timeline playback working, but I assume with this BB, the Electric Eyes website and good old Chris’s DTV World everything can be sorted now. Although I read from the other Ulead thread that MSPro6 doesn’t require the Matrox cutlist file for cutlist playback. How does that work then?

Is it worth the £200 (I’m in the UK) to upgrade from MSPRo5.2VE?

I’m assuming that once I’ve amended the Ulead32.ini file everything will run smoothly.

One final MSPro6 question. Does the MPEG encoder give good results? I know the “Advance=1” adjustment reveals more buttons to play with, but can it be tweaked to “perfection”. I currently use TMPG Enc and bbMPEG and get pretty good results, as long as there isn't too much fast motion on screen!

And one final G400TV question.
    Does anyone have a definitive Vidcap Display setting?

I use AVI_IO to capture and the default on my G400TV seems to give a very washed out picture, so I’ve amended my settings to:

Saturation: 600
    Brightness: 525
    Contrast: 375
    Hue: 500

Or is it best to leave the input settings as default and concentrate on the output ones?

I’ve tried to adjust the output settings as per the readme file on the CD, but only the DVD Max settings change what’s going to my TV. Is that correct?

Thanks for you help,

Nick.

There is a difference in the tweaks for each version. I tried all of the v5.2 tweaks for v6 and they didn't clear up the problems that I had. I believe that there is a tweak guide under the "idiot's guides" link on this page. If not I think that the following settings should work:

[HardwareACC]
    ;HwCodecID=dmb1
    DisableAcc1=1
    RecompressWhenScrubbing=1

Also to get rid of the delay always keep a scrub window open (double click on a clip). This helps to keep the codec open I believe.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Thanks Sciascia,

Those are the settings I'm using so I guess they must be the definitive ones.

Any comments on whether it's worth upgrading to MSPro6, or indeed the best Vidcap Display settings?

I'd be very interested to know what settings folks use to get the best out of their G400TV?

Thanks, in advance, once again,

Nick.

Comment

Working...
      X