Sigmadesigns Hollywood+ Mpeg2 Card
    Realtek Network Adapter
    Creative Labs Soundblaster Live

Windows 2000 Professionell Service Pack 2

11 G550
    11 Creative SB Live!-Basis (WDM)
    14 Primärer IDE-Kanal
    15 Sekundärer IDE-Kanal
    10 Universeller VIA-Hostcontroller (USB)
    5 Multimediacontroller
    9 Realtek RTL8139(A)-basierter PCI
    Fast Ethernet-Adapter
    1 Erweiterte PC/AT-PS/2-Tastatur 4 Kommunikationsanschluss (COM1)
    3 Kommunikationsanschluss (COM2)
    6 Standard-Diskettenlaufwerkcontroller
    8 System CMOS/Echtzeituhr
    13 Numerischer Coprozessor
    12 Microsoft PS/2-Maus

Ok. I have this Problem:

I have buy me a new G550 (Bulk). i built it in my pc (i have made a new install of win2k), installing the newest drivers (5.82.018) and reboot. on logon screen of win2k the display freezes. then i reboot in safe mode and deinstalling the driver. i have tried any various driver without success. always freeeeeeezzzzzzze.
    i tried all the tips from the matrox tech support forum, without success. then i tried to set the agp aperture size to 8m and it works. ok, i could boot. then i install the latest microsoft certified drivers, because the other drivers i could not set up (windows says "unexpected fault from video card"). reboot. I get the start up screen, then when it trys to start windows using the matrox driver it goes black.
    Tried the Microsoft driver, various MAtrox drivers, bios update and other things. without success. also the thing to set agp 2x to agp 1x don't work. and the card is definitely not damaged.
    ok, sorry for my bad english. ireally need help. the guys from the tech support couldn't help me, so i hope, someone here can help me.

greets
    alfi

According to that IRQ printout your Sound Blaster is sharing an interrupt with your video card. I'd try moving it to a different PCI slot. Soundblasters are known to cause problems with video cards, or at least with Matrox G-series cards. These two definately should not be sharing an interrupt.
    Ideally you shouldn't have anything sharing an interrupt w/ the video card, but some boards will get along ok and some won't. From what I've heard the soundblaster doesn't.
    Via-based boards can be a bit hairy to get AGP working at faster than 1x on. If I remember right the order for mine (different chipset though) is something like this-
    Install Win2k, install service pack 2, install via AGP drivers, install DirectX 8.1, install Matrox display drivers.

Mike
    Mike

Comment

ALL graphics cards should be on their own IRQ, preferably 9 or above
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Is your computer a Fujitsu system? I did a search on the WWW and most of the references to the M6VBE-A seemed to be related to Fujitsu OEM boards. There were also many complaints about the board not being W2K compliant.
        If it is a Fujitsu board and you are sure it is of the M6VBE-A variant then you could try the BIOS update you can find at http://www.fsc-pc.de/support/ by doing a full text search with "M6VBE-A".
        What graphics adapter have you run on your Biostar/W2K system before you got your G550?

Comment

thanx for ya answers !

yes, it is a fujitsu/siemens system. i have made the bios update from this homepage.
          i dont think that an irq conflict appears, because i have tested the card without the other cards.
          before the g550 i have had an ati rage 128 card works without problems.

now i have tried winxp, because i have tried to reinstall win2k, but it was not possible. at the point of the hardware detection (mouse, keyboard, etc), the system hangs. mouse i could move, but the setup process hangs up. i've tried this 3x, with same result. so i decide that i install xp.

install points:

install xp
          install the automatic windows updates
          install via 4in1 driver
          install via usb filter driver
          install matrox driver from original cd (microsoft certified driver version 5.72.021)

and after reboot, what did i see ?
          nothing more than a beautiful black screen (after the xp-start-screen)...

VIA sucks...

any idea ?

greets
          alfi

Comment

I don't have a via chipset running 2k, but afaik the XP via drivers so far have seemed better then the 4-in-1's correct me if I'm wrong peoples

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Config: MSI K7T266 Pro2, Bios 3.60, Via-drivers 4.42, Win XP SP1.
              Matrox-drivers 4.72.

Big problems here...
              System get distorded now and then... suddenly horizontal lines appear in my screen and i have to reboot WinXp.

install points:

installed xp
              installed the automatic windows updates
              installed via 4in1 driver
              install matrox driver from original cd (microsoft certified driver version 5.72.021)

Any suggestions??

Sasq: "the XP via drivers so far have seemed better then the 4-in-1's correct me if I'm wrong peoples". What drivers do yo mean..

Am so desperate...

Comment

Working...
              X