fixed frequency monitor on G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed frequency monitor on G400

How can I connect a fixed frequency monitor on my G400 dualhead ?

not supported. but, a little trick i've heard (try it at your own risk), is to set the correct frequency using a different display, then simply remove that monitor's plug and attach the fixed frequency monitor to the G400 and don't make any changes to the refresh rate.
    OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

What kind of fixed frequency CRT are you trying to attach (model) ? Many fixed frequency monitors use for example "sync-on-green", so that might be an issue as well. Anyway I got some fixed-frequency monitors to work on my G400MAX but only on the first head. The easiest way for me was to create my own .inf file and load that but as said it is still required to play the swap game and see what works and what not. But if you tell me what kind of monitor you try I could actually be able to tell you if there is at least a chance

Comment

It's an INTERGRAPH mdsp1020E
        I think it's a fixed frequency monitor wich used "composite"

Comment

should work, but you'd still need the exact specs for the monitor (Hsync Vsync etc.) and see if you can hack a .inf file based on these specs. Still swapping between a multisync and the intergraph will take you some time to find out if it really does the job. And be aware that you won't be able to see the bios-prompt of your machine. Though I belive I saw some bios-hack for the g200 that allowed to set specific hsync,vsync and resolution values for vesa-modes. You'd have to search whether that one is available for the g400 somewhere.

Comment

Guys, please use the Search button ... this has been discussed in GH/SW atleast a dozen of time ... and yes, it is possible (but you need another monitor atleast for 15mins).
            Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Working...
            X