Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parphelia on AGP@89 MHz...

Hi all
    Nearly two year's ago I decided to change my G400 against a Nvidia GFX cause the G400 wont work on my overclocked P3B-F with AGP Clock@89 MHz. I alway's missed those brilliant 2D\image quality performance afterwards =( . Now the parphelia is my new hop to get Matrox back into my computer.
    Is there any chance that the parphelia will work at 89 MHz AGP Clock?
    PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

Re: Parphelia on AGP@89 MHz...

Originally posted by Marco
    Hi all
    Nearly two year's ago I decided to change my G400 against a Nvidia GFX cause the G400 wont work on my overclocked P3B-F with AGP Clock@89 MHz. I alway's missed those brilliant 2D\image quality performance afterwards =( . Now the parphelia is my new hop to get Matrox back into my computer.
    Is there any chance that the parphelia will work at 89 MHz AGP Clock?
    Well, I have no idea how the Parhelia will perform @89mhz, but I can say I've had a G400 running @89mhz on a p3b-f for two years now (p3 650@866). The only "side effect" I have is that it defaults to AGP 1X-- no biggie, as far as I'm concerned.

Heed.
    Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Dunno why you have a problem with an FSB of 89mHz... I've run mine upto 112mHz before works fine albiet AGP1x (but we know that doesn't matter anywho.. cept in a few benchmarks).
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

hmm, didn't tried AGP 1x...=(
        PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

Comment

And just for the record, it's called Parhelia
          -Slougi

Comment

My G400 Max works with AGP speed over 100MHz!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Since I'm about to try this(i.e. G400DH@89Mhz on a P3B-F rev. 1.04), may I know what PCB revision your P3B-F is and what BIOS version you're using?

Comment

My agp fsb is at 125mhz, completely stable. I'm using the g400max and rainbow runner g.

Comment

Impossible. AGP would not run at this speed. FSB frequency is not identical to AGP freq.

Comment

Originally posted by gbm
                    Impossible. AGP would not run at this speed. FSB frequency is not identical to AGP freq.
                    I agree. I have run AGP cards as high as 103 on the AGP bus, and it was really pushing the stability envelope.

Rags

Comment

Yeah sure and the next thing your gonna do is tell us you are a beta tester... get real!
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Let's see, 140/3x2=93ish
                        System 1:
                        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                        Epox 8K7A
                        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                        SBLIVE 5.1
                        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                        3Com Hardware Modem
                        Teac 20/10/40 burner
                        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

hey crossbonesx, you running AGP at 2/3 fsb or at 1/2 FSB?

I don't think anybody cares about FSB here, what Marco is asking about is the stability of P above 66Mhz on the AGP bus as some of the earlier chipsets don't have a 1/2 AGP setting. I know my G400 has run for years on a BX with AGP at 89Mhz, even at 2X AGP.
                          Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Oh really now... AGP will not under any circumstances work at 125 or especially 140mHz... ya know there is a thing called dividers that clock this down. Doh!

And you most certainly are not any beta tester I know!

Comment

Working...
                            X