Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh rate: need an email!

Hi all!
    The new Detonator are out, with the 60Hz problem solved (for the ones who didn't know it, the GF4 under Win2K and WinXP where locked to 60Hz in games).

About refresh problem with GXXX card:
    We all know HZTools, that can does the refresh setting automagically. (don't want to make it by hand)
    Only problem is that it doesn't work for WinXP and Win2K, and the author claims he as no time for the porting.

Who knows the author of that program? I've tried to write him an e-mail at the addresses that are on his Web site, but no one work...

Who can help me contact him?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

From what I understand, Powerdesk lets you set your refresh rates under W2K and XP...so no need for a third Party software
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

There is always RefreshLock !

Works like a charm under XP and it's GFX card independant.
      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

But... it isn't a "problem", so much as it is "laziness on the part of the game developers".

MS made no secret that "default" was changing from "whatever your desktop is set at" to "safest (lowest) rate".

The game developers simply have refused to add refresh-selecting functionality to their games. Shame on them.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
        X