Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400-TV Tuner Troubles

Help!

My G400-TV is having problems tuning-in cable television reception!

My PC is a Compaq Presario 5838 w/AMD 533 and 128 MB RAM. I am running Windows XP Pro.

The symptom is that I get clear sound, but I get a dark and fuzzy picture. I also cannot get Video Tools to "lock" on a station when I go to the TV settings dialogue box and try to use ADD to scan for a channel. This same erratic behavior happens in Matrox Video Tools AND Virtual Dub.

I checked all cables to make sure they were secure. My cable service is active, and works on any other TV in my house just fine.

This has happened before, and the problem seemed to "resolve itself".

What could I possible be doing to "offend" my G400-TV?
    --Link.

Welcome to MURC.
    Most of the Marvel/RRG users post over in the Desktop Video forum, so that is your best bet on help for your problem. So I will move this thread over there...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

HI!
      I own a G400 TV Marvel myself, and sometimes i ran in the same sort of problems. The cure for mewas to change the country setting to something close. E.g. i live in Romania, and i change to Turkey or Austria because they also use PAL and work fine for me.
      If you use win xp, and video tools 2.0x you can do that from the quick-connect utility.
      1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
      WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

kropotkin,

Thanks!

I am in an NTSC region. I tried as you suggested, but I have had no luck so far....

I appreciate your advice, however!
        --Link.

Comment

Well, you should also check device manager for any incompatibilties, i don't know ...
          Also, try to reinstall your op system from the start. What is your system configuration?
          You should first go for the latest mainboard, soundcard and whatever stuff you have in your computer drivers and install them first, then the matrox drivers and video tools.
          If you fail again to make it work, try, as disperate measure, to switch to win2k. I'm using win2k (in fact i have no experience with winxp) and had no real problems till now. The problems i told you about where when i'm using antenna and the signal is quite bad.
          1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
          WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

Working...
          X