UMax what a stupid company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMax what a stupid company

For american customers Umax have decided to start charging for driver support which is a pity as the UK support used to suck and the American site always had the latest drivers. Now are you going to buy that cheapo scanner if you've got pay for new drivers so it works with the latest OS. I think not.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

that is pathetic. YES I know it costs $$ to develop drivers BUT if you are updating your product line, you are spending on driver development anyways so keep your old and new customers happy and keep up with the OS/driver game

my .02$ worth
    -pickle
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

The silly thing is that the UK although poor and the German sites are still free. Apparently they've got only a small operation in America and this isn't the way to increase it.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Sadly speaking, I have a UMAX scanner 1220S. Damn it! And yet, no shipping to non-US addresses, even if I am willing to pay. Well, there will be the first and last UMAX product I have, if they continue with such stupid support policy. A stupid decision that puts the company customer support a fallback of ~10yrs in time, where internet is still rarely known.

Very stupid indeed...... A sound-minded and knowledgeable customer will never buy or recommend any products from UMAX.

Anyone still know any websites/FTPs where I can still get the driver/software for free. I am going to get them all in one shot and forget about them. Thanks.
        KJ Liew

Comment

It's funny the school computer lab I work at has given up trying to get the UMAX scanners to work. We had to use the drivers from the German site and it works for the Mac, but can't get it to work at all under Windows 2000.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I still use a UMAX Astra 1200S and it works much better with XP and an adaptec PCI 2906 SCSI card than the ISA ISIS card that came with it.

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
              It's funny the school computer lab I work at has given up trying to get the UMAX scanners to work. We had to use the drivers from the German site and it works for the Mac, but can't get it to work at all under Windows 2000.
              Which model for the UMAX 2100U under win2k a file gets placed in the wrong system folder I can't remember which but either the device manager or the event viewer tell you which file it is. Then it's a case of looking in the registry and moving the file to the correct place.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

These guys in the good old usa get even sillier read this.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/25641.html and have a chuckle.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X