Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 without TV-out ???

Hi there,

A friend bought a G450 (OEM version) but couldn't get the TV-out to work. He got a b/w image on the TV and it looked distorted. Sounded to me like he was trying to watch NTSC video on a PAL tv. So I told him to change the TV-out settings. Problem is: He doesn't have any TV-out settings. I own a G400 and when I look in the advanced display options I do see the TV-out options, but on his computer, they don't show.

Could it be that he got a card without the TV-out chip? The box didn't contain the splitter cable either, but he got one from the salesguy. Can I tell from the model # if the card has TV-out or not?

Thanks in advance,
    Jorg
    _ _ ______________ _ _
    I am the Jorg, resistance is futile.
    © StarTrek: First Contact

This sounds it's a G450LX.
    It has the physical hardware, but it needs to be enabled, as the card was sold as "SingleHead", even though it has dual outputs.
    He needs to go to the Matrox on-line store and get the software to upgrade to full DH functions.
    Last edited by Kruzin; 6 June 2002, 01:35.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

It could also be that he got the wrong break-out cable.
      If he got a G400 BOC, it won't work right on G450.
      But that wouldn't explain the lack of TV settings in PowerDesk...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

breakout cable

The salesguy took the breakout cable from a retail G550 box. Shouldn't be a problem, right?

It's connected to the 2nd head DVI output through a DVI->VGA adapter and the breakout cable.

I'll look into the LX info. Thanks!

Greets,
        Jorg
        _ _ ______________ _ _

Comment

Just checked the LX info and realized that it's a G450 PCI I was talking about. The product page also says that this card doesn't come with a tv-out cable so I guess my friend got lucky ;-)

All he needs now is the software:
          _ _ ______________ _ _

Comment

I think you have to connect the monitor through the DVI -> DB15 connector, and the BOC on the DB15 connector that's on the card itself.

Comment

Tried that, but then the TV becomes the primary monitor :-/

If it's a software problem: What kind of software do I need to enable the TV-out? A bios upgrade?
              _ _ ______________ _ _

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                I think you have to connect the monitor through the DVI -> DB15 connector, and the BOC on the DB15 connector that's on the card itself.
                Correct. Do not connect the TV-Output adapter through the DVI-to-HD15 connection, use the onboard HD15 and then set up the TV as your secondary through the display properties.
                OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

I found the info in the User Manual after all:

'If your Matrox card has a DVI and an HD-15 connector, there are 3 conditions that
                  determine which connector is used for your main display:
                  - If a digital monitor is connected, the DVI connector is used for your main display.
                  - If the TV output adapter is connected, the DVI connector is used for your main
                  display.
                  - If no digital monitor or no TV output adapter is connected, the HD-15 connector is
                  used for your main display.'

My friend told me that connecting the displays like that made the TV the primary display. Going to try it again this evening ;-)

Greets,
                  Jorg
                  _ _ ______________ _ _

Comment

I didn't think the cables were interchangeable.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi,

I tried connecting the cables as suggested and it works flawlessly now :-))

Thanks for the help!

Greets,
                      Jorg
                      _ _ ______________ _ _

Comment

Working...
                      X