Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rig!!!!!!

I finally broke down and upgraded

I got an ASUS P4B533, 512MB Samsung PC-2700 DDR333, and a P4 2.26GHz-512K, 533MHz Processor Bus.

Initial shake-down went this far...

I'm backing off to 150MHz FSB= 2.55GHz for now at 1.65v to break it in awhile.

I also need to learn more about the DDR timing settings to optimize the memory.

Nice Motherboard so far lots of adjustments. I can keep the AGP/PCI buses at 66MHz/33MHz and romp on the FSB speed.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Sweet!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

looks like a great rig, still plenty of voltage left for higher speeds

any info on the rest of the rig??? the gfx card for example
      Dell Inspiron 8200
      Pentium4m 1.6
      640mb pc2100
      64mb gf440go
      15" uxga ultrasharp
      40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Ya, still got the good old G550 in there. I hope to upgrade that SOON

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Nice system Paul! So why didn't you go with an RDRAM setup?

Comment

I didn't want to spend $300 just for the memory and the DDR333 was perfect for overclocking since it runs at 166MHz and the mobo runs at 133MHz.
            And I guess like most I resent Rambus's business practices of making money by suing everyone.

Yep, I'd get better performance from RDRAM but I thought this setup would be more interesting. At least I know the memory is not an issue for overclocking since it will run at 166MHz.

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X