Pinnacle DC2000 & DVD authoring systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinnacle DC2000 & DVD authoring systems

I have been frequenting the DC1000 User group forum lately at www.dc1000.net and was wondering if any of you MURCer's new anything or had an opinion on Pinnacles next release the DC2000. As far as I know it is a semi-pro MPEG-2 capture and encoder card with some real-time editing capabilites. Options include DV and Component IO.

I am hopeing to put together a new system for DVD authoring based on the Pioneer DVR-S201 DVD-R and was wondering what card to use. All the video will be prepared on other systems so all I need is to be able to trim the clips and assemble them with some DVD software.

James

Sounds like a half an RT-2000 clone at Pinnacles usually inflated price point ;-)

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 05 June 2000).]

Comment

I think the DC2000 with composite, S-Video, Component and DV will definitely be priced higher than the RT-2000 (even though the RT-2000 has the G400 and assosiates features bundled with it). And I think it is based around the same C-Cube DVxpress25 chip for the MPEG side but will use the Sony DV chip for the firewire daughterboard.

So basicallly it comes down to how much should I expect to pay for having component I/O?

Does anyone know what cards use C-Cube's professional Chip, the DVxpert 5110?

James

Comment

Working...
      X