I need a good CD launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a good CD launcher

... that can launch MPEG movie on CD and check for the required Media Player.

Check out Autoplay Menu Studio at:

It is very, very powerful.

David

Comment

My grandson is an excellent CD launcher: he loves using them as frisbees!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

still cannot play MPEG

Thanks!
        It is trully a remarkable program, yet, I still cannot figure out how to launch MPEG movie. They support only AVI

Comment

You have to make an exec call to WMP or whatever program you want to play the movie to get that to work.

David

Comment

I did it but how can I make it play on full screen and how can I verify if WMP is present?

Comment

I believe that the full screen can be accomplished as a command line parameter for WMP. You will have to check the MS site and check the commands. What is the video set to? WMP should adjust to the file once it is loaded. I have found that WMP set at VCD parameters looks crappy when pushed to full screen. Plus, the user has the ability to manually switch to full screen if they want.

I am not sure if it has the ability to check for a program. But WMP is a part of Windows, so odds are it is there. I have done a button that basically told the person that if they were not sure they had something I needed to have installed actually there to click the button. I then did an exec to the install file. I am sure you can do the same with WMP.

David

Comment

Egov

A wee bittie more serious this time: WMP comes only with a limited set of codecs. If your CD is burnt with MPEG-2, you will need to add a suitable codec (or at least the decoder part) to each computer viewing it! Once it is running, there is a position Full Screen in the View Menu.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                  My grandson is an excellent CD launcher: he loves using them as frisbees!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
                  At work we have a pioneer slot in CD-ROM that tries to "launch" the discs into outer space when presing the eject button!
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I would definitely go for MPEG1 if it is for PC presentations only (obviously since it is not VDC,DVD, SVCD). The required DirectShow filters are included in Windows and for progressive scna monitors (i.e. PC monitors) the qulaity at lower bitrates is pretty impressive if you have a clean source video for encoding. I personally like CD Autoplay (old version from about 3 years ago) because it uses an ini file for the launcher and you can assign menus and buttons and select a bitmap for a graphic. It also has the information for the switch for full screen playback in media player. I used it primarily for DivX movies, but Win MP should be able to handle any format as long as the codecs or filters are installed.
                    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
                    X