AthlonXP.com with Parhelia - Ponderance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AthlonXP.com with Parhelia - Ponderance

See news on main page. If it is supposed to be triplehead, why does it only have two connectors? Could this be a lower end board or fake?

No, as mentioned in several other threads, it comes with a y cable with two VGA outputs and one DVI to VGA adapter.

Rags

Comment

Yup.

You get TripleHead by the use of the famous dongle.
      Parhelia has 2 DVI connectors.
      One of those can be connected to a CRT by the use of a DVI-VGA adapter, just like G550.
      The other can be connected to a dvi to dual-vga break-out cable.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
        Yup.

You get TripleHead by the use of the famous dongle.
        Parhelia has 2 DVI connectors.
        One of those can be connected to a CRT by the use of a DVI-VGA adapter, just like G550.
        The other can be connected to a dvi to dual-vga break-out cable.
        Ahh the famous dongle and eating of cheetos.
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 3 June 2002, 22:33.

Comment

That's the orange dongle right ?
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Your's may be orange, but mine's black (even though I'm white )
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Can't really tell from the picture what size those RAM chips are, but that looks to be a 128 meg version also. The previously released pictures were 256 megs with RAM on both sides, and this board looks pretty much identical.

Comment

Hm, that can't be a board intended for release. That green wire says "ALPHA" in a loud voice to me.

And there is still an empty space for a largish IC on top with a connector possibility to the left of that space. Prepared for VIVO or something?

Comment

Of course it could be that this specific board was damaged in manufacturing and the green wire is a repair. No massproduction yet though if they have to do that.

Oh, and this thread is duplicated, moderators please merge
                  Last edited by cadwal; 3 June 2002, 23:28.

Comment

Thanks, but I can decide how to moderate for myself. I don't need an 8 post mini telling me how to do it.

While both threads do make reference to the same article, they both have different basic topics of discussion.

Comment

Yes, of course you do, decide for yourself that is, thats why there was a added. No obligation intended.
                      (The response to my comment was already in the other thread so I should have still been a 6 post mini, thats why I added the please merge note)
                      Last edited by cadwal; 4 June 2002, 00:09.

Comment

220Mhz???

Comment

Yep that first picture seems to show a number of fly wires.

Anyonw know why they are there? Too bad no close up shot of that part.... maybe they were short of parts and had to substiture or something.

Hopefully it is one of the pre-production test run boards and not representative of the final production boards.

Comment

Looks like they are running from the clockgenerator chip...
                            Grap that screenshot - it might be usefull later..

~~DukeP~~

Comment

The same for me, it really seems a clock generator...
                              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
                              X