Golden Jubilee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Jubilee

Wow have you guys watched the Gold Jubilee concert. And the fireworks that was amazing, the best piece of pirotechnics i have ever seen.
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

yup.... Waatched it here on TV.....

Almost made me a Royalist!

Truly amazing!

the concert wasnt bad, but the old-timers really made the 'Boy-Bands' sound totally crap!
    I mean, Blue with Tom Jones..... Tom made them look like amatures!

The cores were note perfecty emotionless drones....

Atomic Kitten were truly terrible... they were out of key!

The Beach Boys... brilliantly strange....
    Ozzy - hehe mad as a hampster!

Shirley Bassey... My god.... she can still pump it out!

Regards
    RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

For me Queen (as for the band) was the highlight of the show, really amazing the costumes and everything, i would love to go and see them performing in the Dominion theater.

Hehe i was loughing my lungs out when i saw attomic kitten hehe did you see the dress, a small breez and everything would be on display

I loved Brian Adams's song "Everything I do I do it for you" still makes my hair stand
      Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

i have a friend in the band His name is Andy (the army band that is that play for her)
        Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 4 June 2002, 05:33.
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Loved the concert. Hate the Queen. 'Nuff said.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Wasn't bad. I could have walked down to Hyde Park to see it but I have an aversion to crowds
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I have an aversion to "royalty". Same aversion I have to anyone whose last name is "Kennedy". More specifically, it's an aversion that would LOVE to have a gun attached and one of James Bond's famous licenses to kill.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Not watched a bit off it I've only watched the football.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by RedRed
                  ...the old-timers really made the 'Boy-Bands' sound totally crap!
                  I mean, Blue with Tom Jones..... Tom made them look like amatures!
                  Tom Jones makes almost everyone sound like an amateur, although Tony Bennet hasn't lost a ounce of vocal talent. Neither has Ozzy, but then agian, he never had much to lose

Shirley Bassey... My god.... she can still pump it out!
                  Yeah, she lost it a bit on the high notes but the rest of it was okay. And she's a grandmother too....

The Beach Boys... brilliantly strange....
                  Where did they dig up Brian Wilson from? He looked like he was on day release from the local hospital. Put the poor old guy back in the ward please, and let us remember him the way he was...

Most dissapointing act? Queen.
                  They could have at least got a proper singer up front! Roger Taylor's voice has gone with age and Brian May never had much of a voice to start with. You just cant replace Freddie Mercury that easy. George Michael did a fantastic job at the Freddie concert, why couldnt they have asked him to join in? Even Wussy Will made a decent stab at We are the Champions.
                  Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I have an aversion to "royalty". Same aversion I have to anyone whose last name is "Kennedy". More specifically, it's an aversion that would LOVE to have a gun attached and one of James Bond's famous licenses to kill.
                    hmmmmm bitterness and hate. who would guess that gurm was trying to stir things up again. any reason for the hate of the monarchy, even though it does not affect you???
                    Dell Inspiron 8200
                    Pentium4m 1.6
                    640mb pc2100
                    64mb gf440go
                    15" uxga ultrasharp
                    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Gurm is being overly vociferous for effect. I'd think you'd realize that by now.

I object, on a primal level, to anyone who participates in the forced oppression of the lower classes, assisting in gentrification and an artificial class structure.

The monarchy is useless. They wave at people, get gossiped about, and act all important, but the truth is that they are just artificially wealthy people who are afforded an elevated status for no apparent reason.

And, sadly, they are some of the worst people on the planet. I find it amusing that everyone deifies Princess Diana, despite the fact that she was a bad wife, a bad mother, a bulimic, manic depressive, drug addicted, and ... to be honest ... a slut. (Using the "woman who sleeps with lots of different men when she's supposed to be married and/or setting an example" definition of the word "slut"...)

Not that Prince Charles wasn't quite a shit, himself.

And of course they learnt it from the Queen, may her black little soul someday be redeemed.

Figurehead monarchies are foolish. I understand that OUR political system isn't exactly perfect, but at least we aren't spending millions nationally to... oh, wait - we ARE. I forgot about the Kennedy family.

Anywho, suffice it to say that Monarchy is bad, even figurehead monarchies. Why not sell some of those damn royal holdings, and solve some of England's economic problems, eh?

Kinda like the Vatican. "Oh, we will pray for the poor..." Why not sell some of your ****ing gold coins, and FEED the poor, hmm?

- Gurm

Comment

Don't get him started!

The concert was great! Mind you, Phil Collins should have stuck to the drums!
                        AKs dress was (unfortunately?) held in place with toupe tape, but the camera man was quite obliging all the same

The lighting of the palace was fantastic! Those three projectors must have been a little more powerful than your average data projector Three outputs eh, I wonder what gfx card they used for that...

T.
                        FT.

Comment

Oh, yes. It was QUITE a concert. The royals do, at least, know how to throw a party.

- Gurm

Comment

The royals do, at least, know how to throw a party.
                            It's easy to do when you are spending someone else's money.

Joel
                            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Actually, some of it was the BBC spending other peoples money
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X