Parhelia In the hands of reviewers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia In the hands of reviewers!

Notice the trace running on the board. This indicates it is not the final revision of the card. It's also missing a big fat chip on top of the card. I wonder what that was for? Probably the HDTV support I really wnated I'm happy to hear it is getting to reviewers finally though. I hope the drivers are good.

Dave:
    Last edited by Helevitia; 3 June 2002, 15:42.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

LOL, the site must be getting hammered right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
        Notice the trace running on the board. This indicates it is not the final revision of the card. It's also missing a big fat chip on top of the card. I wonder what that was for? Probably the HDTV support I really wnated I'm happy to hear it is getting to reviewers finally though. I hope the drivers are good.
        I would guess the tracer is just a minor revision to the existing batch of PCBs they have. I doubt it will be there on the final product.

And that spot that looks like it's missing a chip...that looks like it's just about the right size for a tuner chip...you know...just in case M changes their minds, and decides to put out another Marvel-type card...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The cooler doesn't look that big !

So either it's got a low clock speed or it's not running as hot as suspected.
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Yeah, I hope they are keeping an open mind to changing their mind

Also, what happened to "Hands-On"? All I see is "Camera-On". Is that an ad banner I see on that site? I smell...
            Last edited by Pace; 3 June 2002, 16:57.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Hmm Matrox isn't being as tight with the NDA's this time around, no specs or performance info but acknoledgement and pics are still nice little suprise...

I wouldn't think it would be too awful long before the reviewers release their articles, a week?, 2 weeks? not bad...

Hope they have their supply setup well, as well as decent numbers availible upon release...

this is prolly a final revision, chip-wise, and speed... prolly using some early PCB's with the wire trace as review boards for cost reasons... maybe time reasons too...

Craig
              1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek
                The cooler doesn't look that big !

So either it's got a low clock speed or it's not running as hot as suspected.
                Well the clock speed is rated at about 220 mhz...the CPU cooler is pretty suprizing...I was expecting something alittle more exotic around the lines of a GF4Ti500 CPU/RAM heat sink....could mean one thing....lots of OCing headroom with RAM sinks and better chip cooling
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yep, "Parhelia in the hands of reviewers".. bulls*it.

They took couple pictures and thats it.

PeTe

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia

Dave:
                    it looks like they had a chip on their alpha boards ...

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Maggi, in light of your past exploits, it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't use that huge alpha board hsf on your Parhelia!

Comment

LMAO

you know, I still have that olden passive HS that I bought for my first Celeron 300A ...
                        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                        LG BH10LS38
                        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi

it looks like they had a chip on their alpha boards ...

I noticed that after posting here. I wish I knew what it was for. Do the BB know and just aren't saying or it's still a mystery to all?

Dave
                          Last edited by Helevitia; 4 June 2002, 08:15.
                          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yes, you can see a difference on that alfa card, and the card from athlonxp.com

Haig, can you tell us what the missing chip on the board athlonxp.com has is??

Comment

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you after

Dr. Mordrid
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                              X