Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still confused about the Parhelia TV-encoder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still confused about the Parhelia TV-encoder...

So, can I watch a TV programme on my PC monitor if I connect TV antenna cable to the Parhelia?
    Or is it just another meaning of TV-out?
    Or maybe it's just that the Parhelia will be compatible with 3rd party TV-tuner card...?

Give me some info, please!

that would require a TV Tuner on the board. doesn't look like it'll have one. TV-Output is to use a TV as a display, while TV Tuning is used to watch TV on a PC monitor. you should be able to use a 3rd-party TV Tuner, since the board supports overlay (on 2 heads, mind you).
    OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

It won't have any video inputs.

Comment

So than what is a TV encoder?

Does anyone know if Matrox will eventually release a Parahelia with a TV-IN??? (HAIG !!!)
        ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

The encoder provides for TV-out of the video signal.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Does anyone know if Matrox will eventually release a Parahelia with a TV-IN???

Currently speaking, there aren't any plans about any low end video cards coming from our graphics end. You either have to go for a competitors all in one card, stand alone capture card, stand alone tv tuner card, or our RT products.

Comment

Thanks HAIG!

-V-
              ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

Working...
              X