G400MAX Dually w/around with Matrox VCR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX Dually w/around with Matrox VCR

I was wondering if anyone has gottne the the G400 MAX card to work with the Matrox VCR package.

I think I heard from HAIG that the G400MAX will no work with the G400 MAX version - only the G400 Dually's.

Unfortunately I got caught out on EBay and a rush of blood landed me with a G400 MAX 32MB. If I cant get it to work - I will on sell either back through EBay or with the current system when I sell it on.

G400 Max ??? VCR ? how are you going to feed it video input?

Comment

Turns out .....

I got a G4+MDH4A 32G....
      Dually.

I have the RR "G-Series" Video Capture/TV card plugged it now under Win98SE. Works fine.

Its been a while since I asked (6 months) - so I was wondering if there were any new work arounds for the PC-VCR to work under either Win2000Pro or WInXP Corporate?.....

Comment

Sorry - I know It works, but ....

From recollection you couldnt record - had to use virtual dub or some other third party non wmf proggie or something to record.

Any advancements on getting PC-VCR to full functionality under these OS's with the G400 setup?

Comment

The place to find that answer is the Desktop Video forum.
          Thread moved...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Any ideas - anyone over here?

Comment

Job, I think that this topic has just been discussed so many times, nobody pays attention to it any more.
              I don't have an RR-G, so I can't be certain with my statements, but I think what you are trying to do is not possible. In later versions of the PC-VCR app, capture was disabled to make it work with Win2k.
              Niether Win2K or XP supports the capture hardware that is on RR-G/Marvel. The common solution is to dual-boot with Win98 for capture with an older PC-VCR, and what ever other OS you need for other stuff...
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
              X