DVD + Dual Head = ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD + Dual Head = ??

I was wondering if anyone has tried spanning a DVD movie across two monitors on a dual head setup (or if this is even possible)?

Thanks,

-X-
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

You'll be able to do this on the new Parhelia cards with their dual overlay support.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

But could this also be implemented via software, instead of using the hardware overlay. On my G400, I just drag the WinDVD window over to the second display, and maximize it. It plays fine, even though the secondary display doesn't use a hardware overlay. So I would love to 'try' and make it span across both monitors, where WinDVD uses one hardware overlay and the other being done with a software overlay. Or, just for kicks, maybe running both using a software overlay. (I am not a professional graphics card designer, so I don't know if there is such a thing as a software overlay - but you get the idea!)

With regards to the mysterious Parahellia, would this feature be directly implemented by a software patch? Obviously this question is reserved for the matrox lab techs who visit the site, and claim to be mini-murcers! What about the three monitor setup, would there be a way of spanning the video across three displays (even though there are only two hardware overlays?)

Thanks!

-X-
      ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

Working...
      X