Parhelia card release/announce date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia card release/announce date?

On June 10th of this year, there will be a Annular Solar Eclipse, visible throughout North America. It will range from 99% in Mexico to 10% in southern Canada. Now the interesting thing is that for part of the midwest and Mexico, the eclipse will reach full coverage at sunset. Instead of a ball of sun setting in the west, a partial disk or even (in Mexico) a ring of fire will set. I think this is really cool. For more info, see: http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...2/ASE2002.html
    For a pic of what you might see in, say, Chicago, click here.

What does this have to do with our beloved Parhelia? Well, probably nothing. But we do know there must be a sky watcher at Matrox from the name Parhelia, and the rumored June/July release date for the card is rapidly approaching. Call me an optimist, but wouldn't it be cool if Monday the 10th brought gifts from the sky... and from Matrox.

Note: Don't blame me if you fry your eyes looking at the eclipse without protection. Even 1% of the sun has enough IR intensity to blind you.

MadScot
    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

actually Haig posted "very soon" a few days ago and I hoped sooner, around June 1 but thats the weekend so maybe Tuesday as usual...
    P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
    MSI 645 Ultra
    256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
    Matrox Marvel G200
    etc...
    ect....

Comment

Let's hope it is "very very soon"

Comment

Wow, given that the card has supposedly reached reviewers in the last day or two, maybe next Monday IS the date! I wonder, has their been a pattern in the card release dates similar to the chip release on Tuesdays?

MadScot
        Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Not soon™ again...
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

If you live in Canada or the midwest/eastern US don't get too excited about the eclipse. The coverage will only be about 10-40%.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 June 2002, 10:54.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

i will go for 10 juni sounds good for me
              specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
              video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

Comment

Let's assume that the P will be released to coincide with the Solar eclipse. How would Matrox leverage this to make a larger impact with their announcement? Three giant projectors in NY Times Square during the eclipse.

P.S. I guess N.Y. is out ... Los Angeles or San Diego would be a good location for showing off the eclipse.
                Last edited by xortam; 4 June 2002, 12:53.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

For those of you interested in the eclipse, this article has a list of times and places to see it.

I guess I was wrong about the release date, though.

MadScot

Comment

not too far off now, folks. just wait it out a bit longer.
                    OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

I would guess sometime THIS week
                      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
                        I would guess sometime THIS week
                        Maybe Wednesday?
                        cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                        ---
                        Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                        JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                        Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

I thougth tuesday was the day of Matrox announcements......
                          Perhaps next tuesday??

Comment

I think it's soon™

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

wait a sec I will just consult some goose entrails....yes I see a parhelia on the horizon.

Comment

Working...
                              X