Dualhead question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualhead question

I currently have a G450 PCI in my work PC. Its on an Intel 810 Chipset (one with the intergated Video) Board. I got in a second 17 in montior today to replace the current one I'm using (thought it was going out on me ), and I said well why dont I try out the Dualhead setup on my PC since I have two monitors ready accessable and the desktop to do it with.

I set up my new NEC Accusync 75F on the primary head and my POS GEM monitor on the second head. So far the only way I can use the Dualhead is if I strech the screen using dualhead multi-display and currently it looks like crap since my wallpaper is streched out over two monitors. I wasn't able to enable Clone or Zoom modes of Dualhead either. I'm trying to look for a way to use the NEC as my Primary Montior and then use the GEM monitor as secondary seprate monitor that I could keep extra windows open with and not worry about managing the window sizes..ie have an open IE window in one monitor and be working on Word or something in the other.

I think part of this problem might stem from me not being able to turn off the damn intergrated Video since when I go into display properties its showing the G450 as output #1 and the intel graphics as #2 in Windows 2000. I was the understanding that the second head of the G450 would be number #2.

Any Suggestions/Comments?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

What OS are you running?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

is there an option in your BIOS to determine the primary video card ?

if so, set it to use your G450 ... in worst case, disable your onboard video and see if you can access full DH modes then
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I got it working sorta....the problem I have is that the stupid Onboard Card refuses to be disabled though either the BIOS or Windows 2000. I updated the drivers up to the new beta ones and selected the Enhanced Dualhead drivers and Viola its working like I want it to, but nearly after pulling my hair out because the matrox drivers made the Intel Graphics card output to monitor #1 and I didnt see any of my icons or windows . I booted into "safe" VGA mode and now I have the Head #1 set as Montior Number 1, head #2 as Monitor number 2 and the 810 graphics as number 3 and disabled according to the display settings when you right click the desktop. Fustrating but now it works
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
        X