Ooops world champions slip up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooops world champions slip up

Well Senegal cause the first shock beating a french team that didn't look quite on the ball (Forgive the pun). At least it looks like refs are going to allowed to ref the game and we didn't have 20 bookings and 4 sendings off.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

and I had the impression that they would win the world cup again this year... maybe not unless they radically increase their level of play

Comment

It's important to note that France was missing their star player, Zidane. He will be back for the next game however, so don't go placing any bets against them too quick...
      Primary System:
      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
      Seccondary System:
      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
      Tertiary system
      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

He he i had a weird feeling befor the game, and I was talking to my mate - what would happen if France loose, he was like - no way they are just too good, hehe well they did loose.
        Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Well it's not a good idea to be at the peak when the world cup starts and theres still two games left.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well in my opinion the french played well, but Senegal was a very good team. Good defence, and quick players that were extremely effective counterattackers. I was very impressed by their hard work and the fact that they backed eachother up on every meter of the pitch, something you're not used to see in an African team.

So IMO the french weren't bad, Senegal played fantastic.

But I don't think France will win this time around though. Their defencemen(Desailly, LeBeuf) are to slow and the goalie...well he...is probably the worst goalie ever to play in a world cup...he is a CLOWN!!!

Comment

Someone sent me this thread over at Fark. Photoshopping the French goalie

MadScot
              Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Some fun pics over there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HedsSpaz
                  It's important to note that France was missing their star player, Zidane. He will be back for the next game however, so don't go placing any bets against them too quick...
                  A team should not loose becouse one player is gone!
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Looks like there going to miss him for the next game which is now a must win game. Todays Denmark game was really good and what about poor old Saudi it's long time since I've seen such a one sided world cup game.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I was nearly expecting something like this. Not that they'd actually lose the match, but that they might get behind first and have a quite hard time to change it to their favour again. Reson for this is that the french were just too sure, nearly arrogant. This NEVER pays in soccer.

I still think the french will manage the group in the end. We had quite some surprising opening games at ealier games (Argentinia vs. Kamerun anyone) but they were no real indication for the further matches.
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                        (Argentinia vs. Kamerun anyone)
                        I think you mean Cameroon and yes France still can do it it's the Denmark game that may hold the key. I wouldn't be surprised if Senegal and Denmark came out a draw. That would leave Denmark needing a Draw against France.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Kamerun is a perfectly good German spelling.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Very interesting start to the world cup indeed. The English are a bit nervous right now I bet. Granted with Beckham back they are a much better team. My personal opinion is that they can't do it though. Without Steven Gerrard in the midfield they lack that other threat they need to win the World Cup. They needed a similar team to the one that thrashed Germany in Germany during qualification. A midfield of Beckham, Scholes, Gerrard and Hargreaves would be formidable. They have quality in defence and their wingbacks are very speedy. Rio makes too many mistakes, but he is quick. I hope Sol Campbell's hamstring is up to the task as those Nigerian forwards are very fast. I expect Oven and Vassell to start, which means blinding speed up front. Hopefully Beckham and Scholes can feed them. I think the best defence for England is to keep at Sweden tomorrow, and do not give them too many opportunities to go forward. I was pretty sure France would win the World Cup but I don't think their defence is the formidable unit it was 4 years ago. i also think they should have had Gallas and or Robert in the side. The loss of Pires is really showing that they do not have the depth of an Arsenal. Mark you their forward line is quite intimidating with Henry , Trezuguet and Cisse all blindingly fast. The midfield without Zidane and Pires is not too creative. Senegal will win more matches in this group and will go through. France better hope that Senegal help them out by beating Uruguay, then all they have to do is win. Of course this means that the teams coming out of the group of death may not have to worry about facing France but I think they will be more concerned about just winning their group games. BTW Hanse Cronje died in a plane crash. Despite the cloud over him in the last few years, it is still a sad event.
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                              Kamerun is a perfectly good German spelling.
                              As a matter of fact, it is the original spelling of that originally German colony.

Comment

Working...
                              X