Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor Control-Parhelia only 256bit instead of 512?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Control-Parhelia only 256bit instead of 512?

I've seen posts here and over on other boards that the first Parhelias are only going to be 256bit and not the 512bit GPUs? WTF is up with that or is it total BS?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Total BS.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

BS pure BS, BS up the wazoo! hehehe
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

OH MY GAWD !!!!

They are cutting the chip in half!!!!

Were only gettin half the Paranoia!!!!

Matrox PR said were only getting Half the Chip at 220 MHurtz!!!!

OH MY GAWD !!!!

dj

So, you guys were taking dj seriously.....ROFL!!!!!!

I hope your Dongles turn Orange

<FONT SIZE=4>... ROTFLMAO<SUP>tm</SUP>!!!! ...
        <FONT SIZE=1><SUP>tm</SUP> courtesy of ALBPM aka Darth Mahl [MU]<FONT SIZE=2>
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

you guys worry waaay too much.
          OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

And they read far too many rumor mills. The straight is that it's a 512 bit chip and there is NO WAY you could push 19 gb/s thorugh it at only 220mhz.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

no-one's ever suggested that the mem-clock will be 220 have they? Only the chip-clock... hence 220 is still consistent with 20ish gb/s.

gnep
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Dr Mordrid:

because Nvidia only use 10 gb/s with they fastest chipset (4600)
                that will never have a high rendement, because 10 gb/s isn't enough sometimes.

and you forget that parhelia will do 4 textures per pass and in one clock so it will need alot of more bandwith for doing that
                Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Perhaps they just misunderstood the specs of the chip... the DDR interface is 256 bits wide, while the chips internal bus is 512.

Comment

proberly
                    Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Re: Rumor Control-Parhelia only 256bit instead of 512?

Originally posted by GT98
                      I've seen posts here and over on other boards that the first Parhelias are only going to be 256bit and not the 512bit GPUs? WTF is up with that or is it total BS?
                      Who would post something like that?
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                      X